Posting in the classifieds

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Pics have been manditory for awhile. Some still even get away with no pics yet, but I know the site Police cant run down every ad, which is fine by me. Yes I have been guilty of not posting pics, but if I can learn then almost anyone can learn. (A big thank u to Cosgig) What really burns my azz is when people won’t ship. If u want to sell the dam thing u dam we’ll better be ready/able to ship it. I think even if it takes a couple of days longer someone would still be very happy to get the part. I know as well as anyone that shipping can kill the deal. I bet that 90% of anyone’s sales are shipped. I ship all over the world. Sure it takes time and extra paper work. But come on guys/gals please give everyone a chance at ur products. Everyone should be willing to ship. I think it should be mandatory, if not willing to ship, no ads, just like no pics, no ads. Rant over Kim

Pics have been manditory for awhile. Some still even get away with no pics yet, but I know the site Police cant run down every ad, which is fine by me. Yes I have been guilty of not posting pics, but if I can learn then almost anyone can learn. (A big thank u to Cosgig) What really burns my azz is when people won’t ship. If u want to sell the dam thing u dam we’ll better be ready/able to ship it. I think even if it takes a couple of days longer someone would still be very happy to get the part. I know as well as anyone that shipping can kill the deal. I bet that 90% of anyone’s sales are shipped. I ship all over the world. Sure it takes time and extra paper work. But come on guys/gals please give everyone a chance at ur products. Everyone should be willing to ship. I think it should be mandatory, if not willing to ship, no ads, just like no pics, no ads. Rant over Kim
The photo rule is to cut down on "comments" in sale ads which aren't directly related to the sale. Every time someone comments, it bumps the ad to the top of page 1. Now, bumping sale ads are not allowed for non-Gold members and only allowed every 3 days for Gold members. (Gold does have it's advantages)
The shipping thing is simply a seller's option. They may not want to mess with shipping of large items like a stack of wheels or a engine/drive train part. "Local pick up only". I don't blame them. I don't care to mess around with pallets and forklifts either.

I know that going gold has its advantages, but some ads have been bumped let’s say 50 times to hundreds of times. And are more than a few months old or more than a year old. (I am not singling anybody out) Do u actually think that thing is gonna sell at ur price. I think there should be limits on how many time something can be bumped. Some times all u see is 1 or 2 persons ads on the front page. I think that should be regulated also. But then again I’m just a minion in the game of life. Kim

LOCATION is supposed to be in ur ad or avitar. Many are not. And down south, up north, out west or down east doesn’t do diddly for me when I’m trying to find out where their from. Kim

Pics have been manditory for awhile. Some still even get away with no pics yet, but I know the site Police cant run down every ad, which is fine by me. Yes I have been guilty of not posting pics, but if I can learn then almost anyone can learn. (A big thank u to Cosgig) Rant over Kim

xscuseless.gif

Thread moved to "Website questions and suggestions". See @oldkimmer it's stuff like this that keeps us busy. I probably missed a sale ad without a price! :poke::lol::poke:

I agree 100%. If the ad says "I will not ship", I just keep cruising.

I agree with RRR, if it says "Will not ship" I move on. There have been some smaller items that I'd have bought, if the seller would ship.

I'm fine with people not wanting my money. It doesn't matter. Maybe they are incapable, unavailable, long distance from good shipping sources, whatever. If they can't or won't ship, they highly limit their options. But hey, if you are in L.A. or New York, you have as many people as all of Canada within a few hundred miles!

I agree, u may have missed a for sale ad with no price, no pics and no LOCATION!!! Kim

And then there are people with at-t that cant get pics to transfer --------I`ve tried everything everybody has suggested and still cant transfer from the pics in my email holder or my phone. Just cant get both sites to hook up .

And then there are people with at-t that cant get pics to transfer --------I`ve tried everything everybody has suggested and still cant transfer from the pics in my email holder or my phone. Just cant get both sites to hook up .
While on the subject, would it be appropriate to list a bunch of stuff in one post , rather than creating pages of for sale adds ?> which sucks !!

While on the subject, would it be appropriate to list a bunch of stuff in one post , rather than creating pages of for sale adds ?> which sucks !!
It's suggested in the rules that you have separate ads. It's easier for you to keep track of and less confusing when you are answering questions about multiple items on the same ad.

Let's chat about that. You have a phone that takes photos correct? Do you connect your phone to your computer to save the photos? I take lots of photos with my phone and save them to photo files on my computer then send them here.

Famous bob, if u have an I phone this how it’s done. 1 Take pics of the item. 2 create ur ad. 3 UnderneTh it gives u options. 4 click on upload photo’s. 5 it will automatically take u back to ur photo’s. Choose ur photo’s by touching the pic once, then another pic till ur done choosing. There will be a check mark on it showing u chose it. If u touch the photo twice it will remove that photo so u don’t send it. Then click done on the top right of the page. It takes u back to ur thread and shows that it’s uploading pics. When it’s done uploading all u do then is post reply. Ur done. Yeah u did it buddy. Kim

Let's chat about that. You have a phone that takes photos correct? Do you connect your phone to your computer to save the photos? I take lots of photos with my phone and save them to photo files on my computer then send them here.
no, just emailed them to my PC----------

Famous bob, if u have an I phone this how it’s done. 1 Take pics of the item. 2 create ur ad. 3 UnderneTh it gives u options. 4 click on upload photo’s. 5 it will automatically take u back to ur photo’s. Choose ur photo’s by touching the pic once, then another pic till ur done choosing. There will be a check mark on it showing u chose it. If u touch the photo twice it will remove that photo so u don’t send it. Then click done on the top right of the page. It takes u back to ur thread and shows that it’s uploading pics. When it’s done uploading all u do then is post reply. Ur done. Yeah u did it buddy. Kim
I`m missing something, how do u tie the phone pics in to the fabo add, not doing it !
Can I transfer from my email address , where I can send the pics from my phone ? Still lost !

With the I phone u upload pics from the pics already on ur phone. U don’t use email. Just follow the steps It will work. Kim

no, just emailed them to my PC----------
I can do the same.
With the I phone u upload pics from the pics already on ur phone. U don’t use email. Just follow the steps It will work. Kim
My android works about the same. Click on "upload photos" here and it goes to my photo file. Just tap on the photo to load it and when it's done tap "post reply".

I can do the same.
My android works about the same. Click on "upload photos" here and it goes to my photo file. Just tap on the photo to load it and when it's done tap "post reply".
Km and Mike , will it work the same for pics in a regular post/ like general discussions ? Still cant see how it goes to my phone from fabo !! = PC illiterate !!

Km and Mike , will it work the same for pics in a regular post/ like general discussions ? Still cant see how it goes to my phone from fabo !! = PC illiterate !!
Yes works on any post.

-
Back