Pouring Tuesday

-

Pentastarnut

67' Barracuda
Reaction score
Metal building that should be erected by the 19th. The Demon is looking forward to having a new place to sleep :blob:
DSC07395.jpg

I'm gathering ideas for lighting, air delivery, etc.

Seeing a couple of nice Conquests there. Wish they were sold in Canada.

Nothing better than the smell of fresh concrete in the morning!

Grant

Looks good-but it would be easier to grade if you would drop the kickers below the top of the form.Good Luck

Awesome! Congrats. How big are you going? I tried to get a quote for a steel building for a future purchase and they would not give me a price until I gave them a CC number! Who does that? How were they to deal with? If you dont mind telling, how much did you pay for the building and install costs.

as of today we have erection but are behind as weather and another job came up. hoping to pour an apron early next week then get into the electrical side. pics coming...

Well life does get in the way. I hope all things are now lined up to get finished.

Nice.. Gonna be a nice place to work. I gotta say, I like those Conquests. They were never legal for sale in Canada, and my brother owns the only two here in Winnipeg. His parts car looks great in my yard too.

Grant

you will love this new building. I built a 55'X100'X19' a few years ago to store hay in but as dry as it has been around here in summers hay sells as fast as I get it baled. I use it to work on equipment and park cars and equipment in. I mounted a dusk to dawn light in center and taped the eye shut and control it with a switch which gives a soft light without the glare. I have flourescents in area where I weld and mechanic. I just used the bolts that bolt it together and drill holes in lights to match and added a nut to inside.

I mounted a dusk to dawn light in center. I have florescents in area where I weld and mechanic
i'll probably do the same. i'm looking forward to a lift in there too :)

I only have one end of mine closed in. The East side is open and I had a neighbor that was on a heart pump that would use it for a tornado shelter. Mine is guaranteed for 135 mph sustained winds. He would drive his SUV in there and wait it out until storm was over then go back home. He said you could hardly hear it raining. He passed away a few months ago.

this one is rated to 130 MPH, one of the main reasons i got it because i live 35 north of New Orleans and we get radical storms here. my buddy has one that took on Katrina and won ! the Overhead roll up door is also rated at 130 MPH. i should be good :)

It's tough to beat the new T-5 flourescent light fixtures. They have 5 four foot bulbs each and throw a ton of light and hardly spin the meter. The bulbs seem to last forever as do the ballasts and they're not affected by heat or cold. We put up ten in our building and it's twice a bright as the metal halide lights they replaced. We got ours through an electrical supply house at around $90 ea. I don't believe they are available at the big box stores yet but you could check. We also converted our old mercury vapor yard lights (175 watt) to CFL's. Brighter and next to nothing to run. Dan

thanx 75sport i'll check those out ;) , final inspection completed today so it's time to move in this weekend. the Demon is so happy HA HA HA

-
Back