Powder Coat Prices

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I was quoted some prices yesterday and was wondering if they are reasonable. I inquired about having my steel rims done in satin black and my 6 Bbl. manifold done in clear. I was told $200 for the wheels and $40 for the manifold. Is this a good price? The $40 for the manifold sounds OK..... the wheels sound high. Initially he quoted me $75 a wheel.... then quickly knocked it down to $50 per.:-s

BTW: The Edelbrock heads came. NICE STUFF!!!! :thumleft:

There is a local outfit that is always at the larger local shows hawking there powder coating services. One that caught my eye was redoing the silver coating that comes on factory aluminum wheels. At the time the wheels on my shelby Daytona were starting to peel and I really like the look of the pumper wheels that came on the car I would have them redone. They quoted me $200/wheel!!!!!

So if you can get all four done for $200 I would say that's reasonable.

We manufacture a lot of parts that are powerder coated finish. Usually our minimum order starts around $200. I would say if he has the color you want, do it. If someone you know has some parts for the same color you probably could get those done too for about the same price.

Becareful if the parts are not clean or rusty they should be bead blasted first to white metal, otherwise the powder won't stick.

good Luck.....

How well does the Eastwood kit work? If you have a lot of parts it may be easier/better/cheaper to set yourself up for powdercoating than to keep paying someone else to do it.

-Daty

datyrogers said:
How well does the Eastwood kit work? If you have a lot of parts it may be easier/better/cheaper to set yourself up for powdercoating than to keep paying someone else to do it.

-Daty

I've often thought of that. The only issue is the oven.... The last thing I need is a second oven in the basement or worst, sneaking stuff into the house...:toothy5:

I was also thinking of having the alternator brackets done at the same time as the wheels. I'll probably do it, but it's just the matter of dumping another $240 + on coating just after the wife agreed to me buying the heads last week.

My wife may be only 5'3" & 110.... but her right hook kicks-*** :boxing:

the guy i have do my coating is verygood and prices are super.

he did 2 rims (spares gloss black)and the top to my air grabber lid for my runner(orange) and charged me $45.

and that price was with him blasting the parts to.

only drawback is hes loaded with work and it took like 3-4 months but i didn't need it done fast anyway.

i would shop around...i just got quoted $10/wheel to blast and $15/wheel to powdercoat...for $25/wheel they are going to acid wash wheels and hubcaps, primer the wheels and powdercoat...

fastback68cuda said:
i would shop around...i just got quoted $10/wheel to blast and $15/wheel to powdercoat...for $25/wheel they are going to acid wash wheels and hubcaps, primer the wheels and powdercoat...

Powder coaters are hard to come by out here in the wilds of NYC. Out there in SoCal you can probably have it done at a 7-11 :D

I'm into this thing for my lungs. What's another 2-3 hundred bucks,right?

-
Back