Powder Coating an Intake

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Tired of trying to keep my raw aluminum intake clean. Thinking of having it powder coated to match the engine colour.

Has anyone done this that can report how the powder coating holds up to fuel spills and general driving?

works great

i had this one done professionally a few years ago

crossram.jpg

did this one myself with a eastwood gun

68barracuda013-2.jpg

I recommend it. One of the best investments you can make. Carb cleaner, fuel, oil , etc. clean up easily. If you want to keep the natural look you can even have a clear powdercoat applied. Many colors to choose from too.

I have had my intake dun by our mistress of metal and I could not believe how easy and affordable it was, remember to let her know you are a FABO member, we get 20% off I believe :thumbup:

She may have a special running for this month so check here great site out and the work she has dun
http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/

Attachments

• 910%204%20offy%20777777777%20012.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 236
  • GEORGE%20RAYS%20GONE%20TO%20BE%20%20STRONG%20054.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 69818_168407529841268_100000160677390_581069_625332_n.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 221
Not too sure about the cost savings of shipping an intake to the U.S for powder coat as opposed to a local shop doing it here.

Just need to decide if I want the aluminum look or orange like the rest of the engine.

Cudachick recently did a set of valve covers for superdart340. They sold here real quick and were stunning works of art!

Not too sure about the cost savings of shipping an intake to the U.S for powder coat as opposed to a local shop doing it here.

Just need to decide if I want the aluminum look or orange like the rest of the engine.
Figure out what color you want and I will send 10 bucks to Cudachick to help off set the cost of shipping :icon_smi: I love seeing her work and I do understand the shipping cost thing :)

My stepson and his Army roomie do their 240 ricer parts in an electric oven they keep in the garage, Chicago powder gun and powder from local NAPA,...come out pretty good too..

I like mine

Attachments

• th_070.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 165
  • th_002-1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 168
  • th_068.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 138
Leanna just recently finished up some valve covers for me which superdart340 commisioned and gave to me. They are 2 tone alien silver and black and man,are they beautiful!

I dont have any pics yet as they still need to be shipped.I think I have to get the intake done to match!

I thought about that too. When I convert to fuel injection, I'm gonna buy a new manifold from Summit and then have them ship it directly to Leanna. No sense coming across the border twice. I'll sell my current manifold to offset the cost.

Let us know if you get a quote for shipping to the USA.

Wylde1.

-
Back