Powder Coating

-

JLP

Reaction score
I recently had a pair a valve cover powder coated and they look fantastic. They were done by Phoenix Specialty Coatings. The work done is beyond incredible and prices are very reasonable.

I highly recommend them for your powder coating needs. They are great people to deal with.

JLP

100_0465.jpg

JLP, I'm thrilled that you're happy with the results! Thanks for sharing your comments here too ... it's very much appreciated, and it's wonderful to have happy customers. I love what I do!

Thanks for the nice comments too, Ramcharger and Red. It makes all the hard work worth it to hear stuff like that. What you guys probably don't know is that JLP also does some of his own powder coating, so having him ship them to me was a bit of a (very welcome) surprise. He even supplied the Wrinkle Black powder he wanted to use!

No "after" pictures are complete without the "before's," and I know how you all love car ****.

Thanks again for your business!!!

Very nice! The befor & after pics did it for me! I will be in touch later on down the road for all my powdercoating needs.

Leana has been a great addition to this great site.=D>
She has made so many of us very happy.
She made it easy for this old guy to get my /6 four BBL intake
looking better then new,
Thank you Phoenix Specialty Coatings for being here.
Tell Bill we said hello and yall have a great evening :cheers:

Thank you too Memike!!! I was just playing with your comments and pictures on my website this evening ... check this out http://phoenixs.dot5hosting.com/page8.html and let me know what you think! (You don't have to read everything; just roll your mouse over the customers' pictures for a big surprise.)

Bigmacdak, I'll look forward to working with you too! Just give me a call whenever you're ready. You might be interested to know that besides changing the feedback page today, I also added another Before & After SlideShow of some of the most recent work since the first one was full. Four FABO members' parts are featured on it! http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/...fter Photos/?action=view&current=244919c8.pbw (There will be LOTS of additions to this latest slide show in the next few days too, after just shipping a bunch of stuff out yesterday. The customers have to see it first before I show it to the world.) Both slide shows can be viewed from the home page on my website.
Thank you again everybody! I love my job :love7:

You sure can make me tingle all over!:-D
Thanks for the update leanna, me and my Offy on our first ride
To cool.:rock:
More to show my friends and family.
I could not keep my eyes offer :love7:

Small Block, the turnaround time at any given point depends on my current workload. As long as stuff is paid for, it's first come first served. (After working all weekend and til almost 2 this morning, right now I can safely say I'm pretty much caught up on the minor backlog I've had for the last couple of weeks, with three jobs here that I should have finished up by the end of this week.) One's curing right now in fact! :-D

If the color you want them done in is in stock, you can pretty much count on having your brake drums back within two weeks at the most, and it's usually sooner than that. If I have to order the powder, that generally adds about 4-7 days to the completion date.

Well sheesh, that's what redheads are for!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see how the pictures change??

No I did not notice or I did not pay attention
let me look :-D

But you are right about the red head thingie:love7:

Wow :tongue9:
Flash me before and after =D> To cool leanna :glasses7:

I may have to pick your brain if I ever do my own site.

That is what we call bad a$$ in motion \\:D/

Congrads :cheers:that is a great fetcher that you have worked hard at.

Do you ever stop learning.:love7:
Great job young lady.

Thanks for the kind words BlkArrow! It would be great to have some more 6 cylinder stuff to work on; I don't get much of that in.

Memike, the way I see it, any day you don't learn something new is a waste. I figured you'd get a kick out of that! (Now that I've figured out how to make it work, I might $hitcan the photobucket layout and just have the work sample photos on my Gallery page instead to save a few clicks and waiting time.)

Here's today's little project. Rumor has it these are gonna be on a big block Mopar running at Pinks All Out next month. Kitchen table lighting really does them no justice at all ... I'll get some more pics tomorrow in the sun so that metal flake shows up.

Leanna, Your powder coating work looks super. I love the 2 tone stuff !!

Great job on the pix that change. I'm still new to the computer, but an old dog does learn new trix. :read2:

Can you coat pieces the yellow color in my avatar, and if so, what do I need to send you for color match ???

Did you give it a good luck tap,:happy10: They look great.

If I do a book on my little A body
I might get in touch with you for some help.:clock:

you have your site looking great and easy to look through.
Do you sell bumper stickers leanna ?

:wav:

Leanna, Your powder coating work looks super. I love the 2 tone stuff !!
Great job on the pix that change. I'm still new to the computer, but an old dog does learn new trix. :read2:
Can you coat pieces the yellow color in my avatar, and if so, what do I need to send you for color match ???

Thanks 6pk! Those Indys are actually a two-stage job, Wilder Red over Silk Satin Black, giving it a black cherry look; the lettering was done just in the Wilder Red. The red metal flake doesn't show up very well in the pictures, so I'll try to get some better ones tomorrow in the sunlight. (I'm always surprised when I get done in the shop for the day and it's DARK outside LOL ... the time sure flies when ya love what you do every day!)

If you click on the "Color Charts" tab on my website, you'll see a bunch of folders on the left all broken down into basic hues (reds, blues, yellows, etc.). There's over 6,500 colors, textures and finishes available -- 808 of those are on my website -- so I'm pretty certain your yellow is in there. Once you find a few that you like, let me know what the part numbers are and I can order you color swatches from my powder supplier and send them to you through the mail so you'll have something to hold in your hand and compare with your car. (They'll supply not only the specific ones you request, but swatches of similar colors they already make too.) The best part: Color swatches are FREE! You might also want to look through the greens because some are very yellow/green.

If by some very small chance your exact color isn't yet a powder, you can send me a paint sample (preferably shot on the same metal as the part(s) you want coated), I can send it to my supplier, and they'll make it for you. It costs $120 for the color-matching service, but that includes two pounds of your powder -- more than enough to coat your parts. To date though, every one of my customers has been successful in picking their exact color from the existing swatches without having to spend the extra cash on the color matching service.

Thanks for your wonderful comments about my work. I look forward to having you as a new customer when you're ready to get some stuff done, and am happy to answer any questions you might have in the meantime.

Do you sell bumper stickers leanna ?

As timing would have it, I'm getting some vinyl stickers done in the next couple of weeks (if they're done in time, one's going on the guy's car for the Pinks All Out show on May 16 :-D). I've also looked into getting some company t-shirts printed up, but I hadn't really considered bumper stickers though. If I do end up selling them -- or including a vinyl sticker as a freebie when I return a customer's parts -- what size(s) would you prefer???

The really cool thing about vinyl stickers is that they can be embedded into my powder coating for a really cool effect. I know I personally wouldn't want a huge company logo emblazoned onto my car parts (i.e., the mega-sized "APC" on racing seats), so I'm thinking that smaller would probably be better. Any thoughts????? The details are still being worked out so now's the time to suggest sizes before I start placing orders.

I love this site!! :love7: All the personalities, great opinions and different perspectives always keep me on my toes and thinking up new ideas to keep ya'll happy and coming back for more. Keep those comments coming!

I do agree 8)
smaller one's for the folks like me to
have a chance to put in a photo album for show.:cheers:
and to thank you for your fine work.8)

I've had a lot of requests lately about and for color swatches. Here's some more info.

They're 1"x3" and as accurate as the powder they represent. They're FREE.
It's tough to convey colors accurately on a website since monitor settings can vary so greatly, and you obviously can't see or feel the textures at all. I've got about 2,000 of them here at the shop, a binder full of more, and can request others at any time ... but 99.9% of you live clear across the country and can't just walk in and look at them.

If anyone is interested in seeing what's really available in the powder world these days, I'll mail out a serious selection of the little color swatches in different colors and textures -- candy translucents, standard colors, veins, rivers, metallics, you name it -- because it's not just glossy black anymore. Here's what one of my newest customers said ...
"Got the package today of the color chips . Are you sure they are powder coat and not custom paint chips ?????? I can't believe that is powder coat . I found one that matches the Camaro stripes almost dead on . When I start building the Coupes I know for sure they will have some engine parts powder coated to match the body color . Those chips are incredible!!"
If you want to participate in the Swatch Exchange, it would require a bit of participation.

It would be sort of like a chain letter ... I know, I knowwwwwwwww ... but wait. Anyone interested would add their name and mailing address to a list. I'd send out the big swatch selection to the first person on the list, who in turn would send it to the next person on the list, etc., etc. All you'd have to do is look through the swatches (say, within 2 weeks' time?), cross your name out on the list, put it and the swatches in an envelope addressed to the next person on the list, pay the postage (maybe 3-4 stamps' worth) and mail it.

:bootysha: If there's even just a few people interested, that's fine. The ones near the bottom of the list will get to see them that much sooner.

The list can even start here thanks to our handy "quote" feature.

Here is an update on the valve covers Leanna did, the owner of them paint the raised areas with lime green
media1.jpg

-
Back