Power brakes booster question.

-

funhntt

Reaction score
:help:Can the power brake booster and master cyl from a 85 Gran Fury be used on my 73 duster? If so will I also need the porportioning valve? Have one that was free to me from a friend and I need a new master cyl. anyway as i'm just finishing the disc brake conversion. Thanks for your time and info.

If you have power brakes now, compare the push rod lengths. If you don't have power brakes, you're going to need all the brackets and offset linkage anyway so why not get the correct setup? Even if the Grand Fury booster fits to brackets, it might be too big in diameter. Measure to see if there is enough clearence with the hood and valve cover.

Make sure the booster will clear your valve cover.... Example being, The booster Oreilly sells for the /6 Duster will not fit the V8s, it hits the driver's side valve cover. You need a booster that is around 7-8 inches in diameter. I believe I picked up a replacement for my 76 Duster that was designed for a seventies model Fury. I think Oreilly had it classified under Plymouth Full Size Sedan. It was a pain to track it down. I think they ordered three wrong ones until I finally found a parts guy who had a clue how to use their computer system.

Ive read that a guy used the booster and master cylinder from a early 90's Horizon or something... It was either on a cuda or Duster. The bolt holes match up with the Dusters.

-
Back