Power brakes to manual 4 wheel disc

-

440seven

Reaction score
So what all am I going to need to actually get this plumbed correctly and work. I've got an 8.8 rear with discs and 73+ discs up front. Got a new manual master cyl. I guess my question is which proportioning valve do I need and will my MC work since it's the typical disc/drum master? I plan on all new lines and everything else but I'm wanting to make one order if possible.

I would just try it FIRST. My 67 (before I tore it down) I had Linc Versailles rear disc, all factory plumbing, and 73/4 front discs with no prop valve and THE FACTORY DRUM MASTER. I just "poked" holes in the residual valves and it works just GREAT

Like 67Dart said try it out first. I have the almost the same setup you do on a 74 Duster. Except for I have 11.75 front discs 8.8 rear with discs. I had the stock smaller disks front and drums rear and the factory proportion valve worked.

So what all am I going to need to actually get this plumbed correctly and work. I've got an 8.8 rear with discs and 73+ discs up front. Got a new manual master cyl. I guess my question is which proportioning valve do I need and will my MC work since it's the typical disc/drum master? I plan on all new lines and everything else but I'm wanting to make one order if possible.
I have the same setup except 72 front and 8.8 rear....manual brakes. I used wilwood 260-11179. Got it on amazon for like 80 bucks. It works great.

I have the same setup except 72 front and 8.8 rear....manual brakes. I used wilwood 260-11179. Got it on amazon for like 80 bucks. It works great.
4 wheel discs on a 68 fastback. I used the original block, (not a proportioning type) w/ a 1987 dodge diplomat alum. master cyl., works fine .

-
Back