power brakes

-

ktcnn94

Reaction score
hey guys, been reading a lot of great stuff on here since I joined. any way I have a 1971 swinger 318 auto, it has power steering but manual disc brakes. my question is since I already have the discs out front is there a simple reasonably priced way to convert to power brakes? I feel like just adding the booster and extending brake lines would be enough but don't know if there are any differences in the master cylinder etc. thanks for any help.

My personal opinion is these light vehicles don't really need power brakes unless you have a medical issue.. (no offense to any-one intended)..

Your car likely has a bigger bore ( 1 - 1 1/8") master cyl... You can change master-cylinders down to a smaller 15/16 bore and achieve less effort,, more pedal control and feel,,.. without installing the power brakes.. jmo

hope it helps

Get a master cylinder for a '74 Charger with manual disc brakes. Feels just like power brakes and all you need to do is swap it for what you have now and bleed the brakes. Costs around 50 bucks including the core charge...

I hear ya, no medical issues just preference. thanks for the idea I hadn't thought of anything like that.

-
Back