Power Estimate

-

petegbeeman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking at a motor for sale in my area, was wondering if someone could have a look at the parts and provide a ballpark hp/tq estimate.

4 bolt 340, not sure the overbore, 4" crank, stock X-heads(rebuilt) 1.5 rocker, 10:1 comp, Mopar M-1 intake, and an Isky solid cam #390157 254/254 507/507. No carb included, so I would take a recommendation there as well. I have 1 5/8" headers.

This is for my 65 Dart, 3500 stall, 4.10 gear, 26" tire. Looking for hot street/strip.

Thanks, Pete

I would say about 440 to 460
The heads hurt a little. I would make sure it's not more than .030 or . 040 over, not sure why they went with 4 bolt mains they add next to nothing for strength, with the converter and gear I would go with. A 950 hp, or if on a budget look for a good used 750 to 850 dp.

4 bolt mains on a stock block weakens then block.

Should be in the low to mid 400's

70aarcuda,

Thats the one. I have 63cc Edelbocks already, I was thinking this shortblock would be a good starting point, then have Brian at IMM work on my heads.

WAY too much money for what's there. Are those domed or dish pistons, hard to tell from the picture.

I wouldn't buy it because of the main caps alone!

WAY too much money for what's there. Are those domed or dish pistons, hard to tell from the picture.

I wouldn't buy it because of the main caps alone!

looks like dome..Ross makes a dome piston for close chamber heads.

Must be a Chevy guy. No need to make a Mopar 4 bolt main. It's just not necessary.

-
Back