Power nation detroit muscle chally

-

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Today on Spike TV (10:30 a.m. PST) they are starting work on a rusty 70 Challenger. Not an A body but hey it's an old Mopar.

And being a TV build it will be centered around a bunch of gee-whiz parts that aren't needed.

Okay, they are doing some CRAZY stuff with this car. I've never seen a full frame added to one of these cars, a LOT of chopping. 20K too, well, if you got that kind of dough. I'm a rookie so I like watching these shows, every now and then there's something in there I can learn to do.

I was going to say .... did you see what they did to it? I thought it was pretty cool but I'd be interested in the cost as shown there...

They made a big deal about how rust free it was then took a torch to all that good metal. WTH . The new frame is very nicely crafted and built but not my cup of tea. I would have spent that money on steel to tie in the original rails, a four link rear and a upgraded front k-frame and have several thousand dollars left over to fund an all aluminum 572 Hemi. They did do a good job on the roof replacement schooling, but I would have braced the body structure before cutting things off. Also, they never show what they use to treat the inside of things they weld, after they weld. In my experience, the back side of a weld will rust faster than bare metal.

-
Back