-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mathemagician

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everyone. I need a power steering cap. The PO took it off and lost it somewhere, and now I can't find one. I've tried a couple of junk yards, but most won't sell parts like this separately. I've also tried looking at O'Reilly, but they don't have anything close. Does anyone have one that they can part with, or know what else would work on this car? It's a '70 Plymouth Duster with a Slant 6. Let me know what you got. Thanks

Good luck finding original caps and usually seals are shot, but maybe replaceable. I guess you found out parts stores cant getem. autozone let me behind counter to try and match something and only thing I found that would work was an, I guess a valve cover oil cap it`s been holding for years and about same dia. of filler tube. heck I`m looking for a pump and their getting rare. good luck

Good luck finding original caps and usually seals are shot, but maybe replaceable. I guess you found out parts stores cant getem. autozone let me behind counter to try and match something and only thing I found that would work was an, I guess a valve cover oil cap it`s been holding for years and about same dia. of filler tube. heck I`m looking for a pump and their getting rare. good luck

Interesting. Do you happen to remember what the oil cap was from? I was contemplating trying to use the gas cap from my '69 Chevy pickup, but I don't think that they have the same diameter.

I have a 68 Dart parts car with a /6 and ps, I'll see if the cap is still on it today.
Ed

Do you have a Federal pump or Saginaw pump??
P6289600.jpg

Hi,
i have one pm your address and i can deliver.Terry

Thanks Terry. I could meet you someplace if you would like. Where are you at? I'll PM you too.

by the way, in the pic that yellowdartdave posted, i have the one that is on the right (thanks for posting it dave). I measured the opening and the ID is 1 7/16" and the OD is 2".

I have both pumps and the caps are the same.Is that possible?

Ive come to find out anything is possible with a MoPar....and when I think I know a MoPar...I find out ....I dont know nothing about a MoPar....I learn something new every day!! Dont you just love em!!

Bubba

Interesting. Do you happen to remember what the oil cap was from? I was contemplating trying to use the gas cap from my '69 Chevy pickup, but I don't think that they have the same diameter.
here`s pic`s. can only be used with this style neck. not the other style. does`nt look too bad, until somebody reproduces them.

pump cap etc. 005.jpg

pump cap etc. 002.jpg

pump cap etc. 001.jpg

pump cap etc. 004.jpg

pump cap etc. 003.jpg

Thanks Mopar head. if txterry2 doesn't have the proper one, I at least know what to look for.

I have both pumps and the caps are the same.Is that possible?

can you measure the part that locks into the pump, and see if it is 1 7/16"?

Be careful useing that oil cap the original cap is vented.

The pump I got to use as a trade in core and for its cap had an o-ring installed under it as the owner had it on a dirt track car. Well the o-ring twisted into just the right place one day and it will cause presure to build in the pump and blow the reservoir seal.

Ask me how I know. Good thing Napa had a full warrenty and got me a new pump rather then me messing with it.

#-oDum azz me never thought of that. magican, better look for proper one. When I replaced mine years ago, they did`nt come with caps, and could not getem. And just recently my pump finally blew O ring. damn, Learn new things every day on this site. Thats why I`m here. So I also am looking for proper cap, 2nd in line. Thanks for heads up 71 duster:thumbup:

interesting 71 Duster. I wouldn't have thought of that either. I'll keep that in mind, if I can't find anything else.

Ed, I sent you a pm too.

A small small hole drilled into the oil cap might work well enough.

Factory cap is even stamped vented.

Laysons was selling them at $90 but none left. Swap meets and wreckers would be your best bet. Some of the all mopar yards like Wildcat maybe

A small small hole drilled into the oil cap might work well enough.] Yes, thought of that also, this was going to be my last resort.

Factory cap is even stamped vented.] The old one I replaced, Had nothing
written on it, but did`nt see where it vented to. until just now!
Laysons was selling them at $90 but none left. Swap meets and wreckers would be your best bet. Some of the all mopar yards like Wildcat maybe
last resort, unless after cosmetic pieces.

Try 440source .com they have repro caps.
Lou
Wrong style, has dipstick, saganaw.
did`nt mean to highjack thread. Dummy me just realized, I have a 73 newyorker with power steering#-oin the backyard and of course the cap off it fits:cheers:Now off to a guy`s to buy another $5, back in a few

well, i'm gonna check at a mopar yard tomorrow. although it's mostly the newer stuff, i hope something fits

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back