Power steering dilemma

-

mflynn

Reaction score
'68 Cuda with a 318. TRW power steering pump with slow leak has turned into a massive flow, so it's gotta be replaced or fixed. I have a rebuilt Federal on hand but one of the brackets doesn't fit (the reservoir is shaped different than the one on the TRW and the bolt goes in a different place) and also the pulley from the TRW does not fit the Federal. Does anyone have a pulley and bracket that will fit the Federal, or know where I can them? It seems like I have tried everywhere on the internet and can't find either. Thanks!

Sent you a PM
Roy: This is the new pump. The shaft diameter is 5/8. I'll post another reply with photos of the leaky pump to show the brackets. - Mike

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2432.JPG

I resealed mine with a kit from Rock Auto. Easy and cheap.
Thanks! Ended up I found a shaft seal at a local place, put a new reservoir O-ring on it (stretched out an O-ring from plumbing supply shelf at hardware store, and it was still leaky. Put some Stop Leak in and a few miles later, no leak. I suspect it will come back but for now I've got some time to figure out where to get the pulley and bracket for the new one.

-
Back