power steering gear box housing head

-

seminar

Reaction score
Ref 68 gts: When I removed the leaky input shaft seal I damaged the housing that holds the first bearing. First question: if I removed the slotted cyl but that holds the housing in place, will this allow me to remove just the housing head without the whole assy coming out or will springs, washers, others bearings any rings, etc, dislodge? Second question: if I can just remove the housing head with the first bearing in place, does anyone have a housing head? I can send a pic of it. Added bonus: I'm trying to do this in the vehicle. Thank in advance, steve

Ref 68 gts: When I removed the leaky input shaft seal I damaged the housing that holds the first bearing. First question: if I removed the slotted cyl but that holds the housing in place, will this allow me to remove just the housing head without the whole assy coming out or will springs, washers, others bearings any rings, etc, dislodge? Second question: if I can just remove the housing head with the first bearing in place, does anyone have a housing head? I can send a pic of it. Added bonus: I'm trying to do this in the vehicle. Thank in advance, steve

Update: I was able to remove the damaged housing head while on the vehicle. Does anyone have one? It holds the input shaft bearing and oil seal. See attached pic. Thanks in advance, Steve

IMG_20180107_170815.jpg

If you don't find one you may want to contact a company that rebuilds power steering boxes like
Steer and Gear, perhaps they would have one off a core.

-
Back