Power steering hose

-

dart67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I replaced a slant 6 with an 86 360 in my 74 duster, the power steering hose won't work it's hitting on the exhaust manifold, do I need a hose that was factory with a 360?
Thanks

It might depend on what style pump you have. I'd go to your local parts store and order one for a 74 with a V8 and try it.

I replaced a slant 6 with an 86 360 in my 74 duster, the power steering hose won't work it's hitting on the exhaust manifold, do I need a hose that was factory with a 360?
Thanks

if its solid enough to bend just bend it out of the way to the direction you need it, save yourself $40+

At least you have the correct fittings on each end, which is good because those varied too. I also would try bending the tube, without kinking it.

When I bought my Dart I didn't realize it but I had a slanty power steering hose that looped up right next to my exhaust manifold. As I was parking it in my garage after the first 3 miles I drove it, I hear a pop and smoke coming out from under the hood. Hose goes boom. There's a difference between the two hoses as well as different fittings between years. I found that out the hard way.

Bought a v8 hose and it worked,

-
Back