power steering pressure hose

-

jrc4y4

Reaction score
I have a 72 Scamp, 318, with a Federal/Chrysler pump. Hose is leaking and I cannot find one that matches my car to save my life. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I've been running the wrong hose this whole time because it looks way different but seems to fit? But I've also had power steering issues for a long time. I have some pics attached and they look way different than what's on the web. Example here https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-36-352770/overview/year/1972/make/plymouth/model/scamp

I will try to locate better pics when I get a chance, just going off of what I've taken in the past. Also have a hose with what appears to be a part number but I cannot locate it online. Does anyone run the same power steering setup with a different hose than me? Where are you getting yours? Part no#? Thanks for any help!

Oil Cap.JPG

power steering pump 3.jpg

power steering pump 4.jpg

power steering pump 5.jpg

power steering pump 6.jpg

power steering pump2.jpg

PS pump 1.jpg

I am going thru the same situation. I'm going to use Classic Industries hose #70337 and fitting mn7511 for the steer box. Looks like hose #70343 will work as well with the same fitting.

Last edited:
jrc4y4...this is your lucky day. I just went through the whole thing. Long story short,I had a hose that had the restriction in the centre and could'nt find it anywhere. After looking at Darts with the same set I came up with a hose that did'nt have the restriction,some people say that it will make a difference but I have'nt noticed.Try looking at Edelmann #80119 (5/16" Female SAE x 3/8" Male O-Ring x 28").Try Rock Auto or your local supplier. Google it first to make sure its what you are looking for, look at the ends and make sure they are the same size. I put this in a 1968 Dodge Dart with a 440 and a federal pump.

Oh ok that is some extra info! Yes, pics always help. Just want to make sure before I pull the trigger on anything.

Looks like it will work. Ordered from Summit and will post pics when it comes! Thanks guys

Hey solid340, just wanted to say that the edelmann hose you posted fit perfect. Received it today, just had to change the fitting at the box to match the 5/16" jic hose end. Thanks for the information!

Got it in town this weekend. Put it on only to find that it magnified a leak on the valve where it hooks up. Ordered the O ring kit from O Reilly after the ones in my garage didn't seal it. But the hose itself had no leaks and looks great. Thanks for that!

sorry for the late reply,but I am glad it works.......By chance does anyone have a federal power steering pump pulley hanging around? Its a 7inch diameter with a 5/8(.625) shaft pressed in without keyway

pulll.jpg

-
Back