Power steering pump cap for my Dart

-

gdizzle

Reaction score
1966 Ddart slanted of course. I have the power steering. The original cap only says VENTED. Issue is, it is missing the little dipstick inside the cap? Would anyone have the correct cap? Or any ideas on how to fix this one? The little dipstick is long gone BTW. This is what I got.

IMG_3479.jpg

1966 Ddart slanted of course. I have the power steering. The original cap only says VENTED. Issue is, it is missing the little dipstick inside the cap? Would anyone have the correct cap? Or any ideas on how to fix this one? The little dipstick is long gone BTW. This is what I got.

View attachment 1714964441
if chuck doesnt have it im sure i do

wow really? That is really full. wont is slosh out? Looks like I have been seriously running low on the pump. thanks for the tip

wow really? That is really full. wont is slosh out? Looks like I have been seriously running low on the pump. thanks for the tip
Yep. No problem. And no. Shouldn't slosh out as long as the seal is tight

Update: I filled it up to barely touch the bottom of the cap. Started it up, and a bunch of fluid came puking out. It is now about halfway down the neck. The cap feels sorta loose, but it is vented so?? The seal gasket appears to be fine. THoughts?

I've never considered the air vent a dipstick. Never filled beyond half the reservoir neck either.
The little hole is supposed to vent air/vapor not fluid.

Edited: Wrong thread

Last edited by a moderator:
-
Back