Power steering pump cap

-

72valiant

Reaction score
Anyone know of a place online to get the power steering pump cap that fits a '72 Plymouth Valiant? I've been searching but haven't had any luck.

If it's a saginaw pump ford gm and chrysler all used these pumps the junk yards should be full of the caps.

Brian

I'm pretty sure it's a Federal Pump (the cap had "ears" on each side). Seems like it'd be a pretty simple piece to locate but I'm not having much luck. I may try a junkyard tomorrow.

Good hunting, The cap with the little dipstick attached can bring as much as the pump itself.

Mine has a round neck and the cap didn't have a dipstick attached. It was just a metal cap with the word "Vented" wrote across the top.

I'm pretty sure it's a Federal Pump (the cap had "ears" on each side). Seems like it'd be a pretty simple piece to locate but I'm not having much luck. I may try a junkyard tomorrow.

Check Import Cars/Trucks with the Metal Remote Reservoir, pretty sure they use the same size and style Cap.

I can check and let you know, I have some Federal Pumps laying at the shop, as well as some Import Pumps and Reservoirs.

I actually started throwing my Federal Pumps in with loads of junk when I needed cash, because I couldn't even give them away, no one wanted them.

PS005_installed.jpg

Here's a pic of what my cap looked like. It isn't an actual image of mine I just found this on the web.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I had no luck at a local junk yard. I've just e-mailed Restoration Suppliers of CT on Ebay.

There's a '72 Valiant sitting in someones front yard in town. It's just being over run by grass. I wanna walk up to their door so bad and ask if they have a cap on it.

74Dusted- If you do have one laying around please let me know, Thanks!

-
Back