power steering pump hose size

-

Johnjgonzo8D

Reaction score
I am looking for a p/s pump hose. the size i am looking at is "power craft" off the Advanced auto parts site. the size is 5/8, is that good enough to fit the /6 application? i have a heater hose on my pump currently, because i am ghetto like that.

I have never heard of or seen, any car, anywhere, that used 5/8" heater hose

THREE eights (3/8") maybee............................

Also, the supply side hose operates at very high pressures, over 1000 psi. No fuel hose, no heater hose, will put up with that

I am looking for a p/s pump hose. the size i am looking at is "power craft" off the Advanced auto parts site. the size is 5/8, is that good enough to fit the /6 application? i have a heater hose on my pump currently, because i am ghetto like that.

I have never heard of or seen, any car, anywhere, that used 5/8" heater hose

THREE eights (3/8") maybee............................

Also, the supply side hose operates at very high pressures, over 1000 psi. No fuel hose, no heater hose, will put up with that

If the OP has an early A, then he is correct in needing a 5/8 RETURN hose BUT NOT HEATER hose. He needs to go to a NAPA or some place that does hydralic hoses and get a suitable length of 5/8 hydralic hose. The supply side uses a hose similar to what jalake posted (3/8th) for the high pressure line.

If the OP has an early A, then he is correct in needing a 5/8 RETURN hose BUT NOT HEATER hose. He needs to go to a NAPA or some place that does hydralic hoses and get a suitable length of 5/8 hydralic hose. The supply side uses a hose similar to what jalake posted (3/8th) for the high pressure line.

Ah so the really early ones use a HUGE return hose?

Ah so the really early ones use a HUGE return hose?

Yes and IIRC it's up through 66. I believe you can swap the 5/8th return hose nipple for the smaller 3/8th on the box if the pump is also changed. I might try that on my wagon as I'd like to try to use a PS cooler. I don't want to use the cooler for the larger line.

-
Back