Power steering pump issue(s)

-

AUYankee05

Reaction score
Need some help...I bought a new bracket kit for a Saginaw pump from Mancini w/ a replacement pump from summit. The pulley appears to be off by 1/4"-1/2" on the outside groove of the crank pulley.

Any ideas on what will help with this alignment? I'm also having an issue with the the pressure hose hitting the K member where the motor mount attaches.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 205
I had the hose problem and had to go with a federal style pump. The pressure hose comes out the front and stays away from the k member

That crank pulley looks very odd to me.
But even odder is the long nose on that pump. Ima thinking A-body sags have shorter noses.You appear to have the bracketry correct.
Try to not give up on the Saginaw as, in my experience, it is far more responsive than the Federals.
I too had a problem finding a pressure hose to fit, but I do not recall what the application was.I looked through the catalog, at the jobber, and selected several. One was a winner.
My K is a 70

To use the Saginaw pump on a pre-73 K frame, requires some creative work on the pressure hose. I am not sure the Saginaw was avalable factory in those years....I put one in a 71, and had to really flatten the fitting where it screws in, and use a crazy short belt to keep it away from the motor mount bracket.

Thanks for the help! I ended up switching my bracket and was able to raise the PS pump up to avoid the conflict with the mount.

1 issue down and I'm sure I'll encounter more as I get this thing put back together.

Any recommendations on an aftermarket wiring harness for the entire car?

Thanks for the help! I ended up switching my bracket and was able to raise the PS pump up to avoid the conflict with the mount.

1 issue down and I'm sure I'll encounter more as I get this thing put back together.

Any recommendations on an aftermarket wiring harness for the entire car?

Hi AUYankee05,
what brackets did you end up using on your Sag pump? I have the same problem. Brackets seem to be installed correctly but pump shaft sticks out much too far. Thanks

-
Back