Status
Not open for further replies.

jameybro

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
65 Cuda...small block, pretty much stock setup
I'm looking to convert to power steering.
Does anyone have a good, complete setup they are willing to part with?
I need:

PS pump with brackets
Lines (if possible)
Column shaft
Gearbox
Double groove crank pulley

I really want to just bolt this stuff in. Not really interested in doing fab work to make other years parts work.

Thanks

I have a pump and box off of a 73. You can use the box (and I believe the pump), but you would need a different pitman arm. I have the mounting brackets on the pump, but it came off of a slant six.
Let me know if you want any of it. The box was just rebuilt by a local shop and is ready to go. The pump would be a core.
PM me for a price.

I have a pump and box off of a 73. You can use the box (and I believe the pump), but you would need a different pitman arm. I have the mounting brackets on the pump, but it came off of a slant six.
Let me know if you want any of it. The box was just rebuilt by a local shop and is ready to go. The pump would be a core.
PM me for a price.

Thanks for the reply. I may take you up on some of the parts but I'm gonna hold out for a bit and see if anyone has the complete setup.

I'll let you know...

The 73 up parts will not work unless you add box coupling, center link, idler arm, and idler arm to K member mod', to your list of parts needed.
Not a 2 groove pulley but a second pulley stacked for the added belt.
Please beware the 3 nutsand bolts that attach the steering gear to the K. They should be cleaned, checked, loctite added, etc.. Cracks and breaks in the steering gear mounting is a typical problem ( or nightmare ) in the early a-body K members.

The 73 up parts will not work unless you add box coupling, center link, idler arm, and idler arm to K member mod', to your list of parts needed.
Please beware the 3 nutsand bolts that attach the steering gear to the K. They should be cleaned, checked, loctite added, etc.. Cracks and breaks in the steering gear mounting is a typical problem ( or nightmare ) in the early a-body K members.

Redfish, thanks for the good info. I think you mentioned the potential nuts and bolts issue to me in another post and I will be giving it a good look and hope to do it 'right'.

I don't think I've seen the 2nd pulley. Do you happen to have a pic of the setup?
How is it bolted on?

I thought there was a conversion idler arm on the market to adapt the '73-up large-diameter shaft to the early-A steering configuration. I could be wrong. I'll have to look into it for my own knowledge.

I haver the coupler as well, but unfortunately, no steering shaft.

-Mike

is this the pulley your talking about? its for sale for $20 plus the ride from 74403 if it is. its been cleaned, primed and painted black. also have the single groove crank pulley it was with all cleaned and painted and ill sell both for $50 shipped

Attachments

• 2012-10-19183948.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 117
I don't think that's the right one. At least for my car.
I just looked and my single groove pulley has six bolts.

Mine is stamped steel, not cast. Not sure if that makes any difference.

I don't think that's the right one. At least for my car.
I just looked and my single groove pulley has six bolts.

Mine is stamped steel, not cast. Not sure if that makes any difference.

the way this bolts on is it has the single groove stamped pulley bolted with three bolts to the balancer and then this sits inside the stamped pulley over top of the three bolts (it has notches to clear the heads of the bolts) and has three bolts go through it. the stamped pulley runs the alternator and the water pump i believe and this runs the power steering. (if i remember correctly) lol

also that picture makes the thing look HUGE but its actually the same diameter as the stamped pulley just sticks out about an inch or two farther

OK, that makes sense to me. Now that you mention it, I see one of the notches on the backside of the pulley in the pic.

OK, I'll go for it.
Still trying to locate a power steering gear for it. I think I have all the other parts located.

I live in TX -77583 if you want to work up shipping costs.
You can PM me the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back