Power to manual steering on 66 Dart??

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Tomorrow I,ll be swapping my p.steering column over to manual column,that I purchased from member(rmchrger)Thanks.Will the nuckle on the end of the power column work with the manual?Or do I have to purchase flaming river adapter.Thanks for any help.

The power steering box has a larger diameter input shaft than the manual box and the input shaft is roughly 2 inches closer to the firewall. If you are swapping boxes and columns, no worries. If you are just swapping in a manual box and keeping the column that is in the car you will need the adapter.

The power steering box has a larger diameter input shaft than the manual box and the input shaft is roughly 2 inches closer to the firewall. If you are swapping boxes and columns, no worries. If you are just swapping in a manual box and keeping the column that is in the car you will need the adapter.
I have the floor column and the manual box,but at the end of the column is just the rod.What do I need to attach?I undid the power column right at the box(knocked out the pin)so just the splined shaft.Did I undo it at the wrong end?I,ll have to look tomorrow.Thanks Grumps!

Yep, you're gonna need the coupler at the end of the column for the manual box.

Hi I was reading your post and thought you might be able to set me in the right direction. I have a 67 Dart with a 383 and manifolds. I would like to change the manual steering box to powersteering. Other than the Power box pump brackets and pullies what other things should i prepare my self for.

Hi I was reading your post and thought you might be able to set me in the right direction. I have a 67 Dart with a 383 and manifolds. I would like to change the manual steering box to powersteering. Other than the Power box pump brackets and pullies what other things should i prepare my self for.
Sounds like you have it figured out.I think you might have to change your steering column over to a p.steering column(shorter)Good luck.

P.S This is an old thread LOL.

-
Back