Power windows for A-bodies

-
I`ve seen other kits that only worked for 71 up A-bodies. They were available through companies like The Paddock. The package here sounds comprehensive and at 250 dollars per window the price is not outrageous. I`d like to hear some feedback too if anybody has used this kit.

Chrysler fifth avenue,a little elbow grease,I have them in my 65 "waggin" front and rear and they will be no problem to put into later a bodies.just gut out some doors from a diplomat or fifth avenue and look at the parts carefully,easy to do if you have a lil' talent and a welder.

Yeah...power windows would sure be sweet! :supz:

I was planning on blowing my tax refund check on it so it better be worth it. The kit looks comprehensive. Judging from the pics on the eBay auction, it seems to come with the motors and custom-fit regulators.

I'll take some pic's tomorrow,wish I had a way to do a you tube,you should see how smooth and fast they go up and down,I haven't made the door panels or wired them up as of yet but have tested them plenty,I saved all the wiring from the donor car and the switches to use but havn't had the time,just been tryin to make ends meet with the bills and what not.you'd be surprised at how easy it was to do the fronts,the rears were more of a challenge on the early a body but will be easy on a late a body and all with ma mopars parts

I just installed the 4 window kit in my 70 dart. The fronts went smooth and seam to go up and down smoothly. I haven't tried it with glass yet, as I have to have the vinyl top installed, and it wraps around were the rubber seal goes. The rears are a bit of a problem. I cant seam to get them from binding when moving up and down. It pinches hard, it flexes the whole inner structure. I have spent a couple days on just the rears, finally pulled the whole unit out and laid on top of the original mechanism. They look really close. I talked with XV and I think I will pull everything and send it back to them, as my car is going to the upholster tomorrow. It should be gone for 4 - 5 weeks, so hopefully they can figure it out by then. I think I am the first A body to install them. I have got a few other things from XV and they have been great to deal with, I am sure they will resolve the fitting issue.

Boxer, thanks for chiming in. I sure hope they solve the problem. One grand is a big chunk of change for me. I don't mind spending it as long as they fit and work well.

How long did it take you to install the front ones?

This is who these guys are:
http://www.xvmotorsports.com/about/index.cfm

What they do:
http://www.xvmotorsports.com/about/about_whatwedo.cfm

Their philosophy:
We believe that a true high performance vehicle must be a complete and balanced package. The entire range of performance requirements must be satisfied equally and harmoniously. Wild horsepower in a vehicle without comparable capabilities in all other supporting aspects will ultimately deliver sub par performance... AND CAN BE HIGHLY HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH.

Take a look and you will see that what we offer is the REAL DEAL; engineered, designed and built by experienced professionals committed to pushing the performance envelope.

intergalactica: The fronts went well, had to drill the door and door frame and then snake the harness through, that was the worst. The two door mechanisms weren't bad either. That all took better part of day. I had a buddy helping.

mopar340dave: I couldn't agree more, they have top notch parts and service.
They were vary helpful, professional, and talk to me with a great attitude. Nothing worse than when you call for support and get sh*t attitude, like your a dumb a$$ or something, never like that. I would recommend them highly.

Has anybody ever installed these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XV-Mopar-Power-Window-Kit-A-Body-4-Window-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ140733QQihZ014QQitemZ330287350849QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Any comments?

Anybody ever purchased items from the company that make them?

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/

I sure would like to have power windows but geeze...for $1000 they better be darn good. What do you all think?

I don't see the product on the xv website anymore, they used to be on there. I had heard that they were going to stop selling them because of problems with fitment, I'm sure they can be made to work...depending on how clever you want to get..

these companies also sell power window kits for a-bodies, and I think one of them actually made the XV kit (I think it was electric-life, but don't quote me on that).

no one lists a kit for a 71, which has been bummin' me out!

www.a1electric.com

www.electric-life.com

--john

hats off to the guys at XV, we emailed some pics back and forth and walla the back windows work great. I was my bad, had the rear vertical adjustment wrong. Those guys were great to deal with, and really no there stuff. They all work great, vary happy with the whole setup. Thank again to the guys at XV.

Whats next aftermarket air bags ?
Some people just dont get it. Maybe its me that doesn't get it.
I love to wind the window down on my 42 year old car at the drive-thru window, infront of those who have to open their door because their window wont go down. Depending on their year model they might go pay a couple hun to get theirs fixed. If its over 10 years old there may not be any parts available.
Who do you turn to when aftermarket parts die , 2 or 10 years from now ?
I suppose if you have a grand to pay for power windows you have another to put in custom door panels that dont have winder holes.

thats why I use all chryler parts!!! :cheers:
Whats next aftermarket air bags ?
Some people just dont get it. Maybe its me that doesn't get it.
I love to wind the window down on my 42 year old car at the drive-thru window, infront of those who have to open their door because their window wont go down. Depending on their year model they might go pay a couple hun to get theirs fixed. If its over 10 years old there may not be any parts available.
Who do you turn to when aftermarket parts die , 2 or 10 years from now ?
I suppose if you have a grand to pay for power windows you have another to put in custom door panels that dont have winder holes.

-
Back