Powerless Pellet Stove....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Went into one of the stove shops in town today and stumbled across this....... . One of the biggest complaints I have about our pellet stoves is they need juice to run. Not only does this one not need juice, it obviously has no electrical parts to fail.....

May or may not be a good idea. I watched one of the other vids posted on the site, posted to Youtube in Nov. of 2012, and he was saying they "are having UL tests next week."

This means this is basically a beta product and YOU are the tester. No thanks. I didn't use to work on wood fired heating gear, but I maintained about everything else. Seen enough problems due to poorly tested "new" technology, some of it downright dangerous.

There's another powerless one called the "Clarry."

http://www.clarrypelletstove.com/

I have had the same woodstove for the past 17 years. Only had to replace the firebrick once and the chimney looks the way it did when I installed it. Don't need power to run it and I get my wood for free. I just pick it up out of the cuttings when the loggers are done.

Jack

May or may not be a good idea. I watched one of the other vids posted on the site, posted to Youtube in Nov. of 2012, and he was saying they "are having UL tests next week."

This means this is basically a beta product and YOU are the tester. No thanks. I didn't use to work on wood fired heating gear, but I maintained about everything else. Seen enough problems due to poorly tested "new" technology, some of it downright dangerous.

There's another powerless one called the "Clarry."

http://www.clarrypelletstove.com/
I think they are UL listed now. The woman I was talking to at the dealer said they do have a contraption that is used to heat water, for domestic use or perhaps even to run into a radiant heat system, that they will not sell because it lacks UL compliance.....

I have had the same woodstove for the past 17 years. Only had to replace the firebrick once and the chimney looks the way it did when I installed it. Don't need power to run it and I get my wood for free. I just pick it up out of the cuttings when the loggers are done.

Jack
When we build or rebuild what we have now we will probably get a wood burner in addition to the pellet stove. Our problem is all of the local trees are Ponderosa Pine, which are beyond sappy. Neighbor burns it, had a small chimney fire after just a month or so of using his stove. Being that I have to pay for fuel, pellets are at least somewhat easy to deal with. That being said, I did notice an ad in the Nickel Exchange for logging truck loads of logs, just have a lot of sawing and splitting to do. My buddy in AZ owes me a log splitter so........

If you can get a good deal on a truckload of hardwood that is the way to go. Cut and split it all and then sell off what you don't need. That will pay for your wood.

Jack

Went into one of the stove shops in town today and stumbled across this....... . One of the biggest complaints I have about our pellet stoves is they need juice to run. Not only does this one not need juice, it obviously has no electrical parts to fail.....

I love it when little guys come up with great stuff. Makes the nation tick... Need more of that. I wish them success.

-
Back