powersteering gearbox 73 in 72 dart ?

-

mouncebud426

Reaction score
has anyone put a later 1973 powersteering gearbox box in earlier 1972 dart powersteering ? firmfeel steering on there website use 73 gearbox {bigger selcetor shaft} just change pitman arm? 73 pitman arm stud at drag link points up? 72 pitman arm points down? also idler arm is different so the drag link must be different too because the taper holes in the draglink would be on opposite sides and you can trun it over,anybody done this or have any ideals on drag link can you still get one is there anything else need to be changed other that powersteering hose's

I have a Firm Feel box from an 85 Diplomat cop car installed in the Demon. I had a problem getting one side of the center link to marry up, but I can't remember which it was. I had to enlarge one of the holes. I don't recall a taper issue. However, I also have a 75 K-frame on the car, so my experience may not match up with what you're trying to do.

yes...drag links changed after 72...73 and new A bodies used B-E body brakes so the drag link changed.

so can the drag link be change to 73? looks like tie rod are the same. right now the drag link is the only thing I seem to have a problem with:angry7: I could drill tapered hole in the other side but I don't want to do that.wait till monday and call napa/o"reilly/ mancini ? car's at work right now waiting on tti headers should be in monday or tuesday just hope I don't need that lift or bay THANK"S GUYS

I have the oppsite problem. I have a 71 gear box with a small selector for my 73 K-member which needs the big selector. Isee your in Greenfield, IN. and I'm in Huntington. Maybe you we could trade ane save us both a lot of headaches.

We went from a 73 drag link to a 72 to match a manual steering box we put in my Son-in-laws dart. So I'd guess the opposite should be possible. I was thinking for some reason though we had to change the inner tie rod end on the drivers side so it all to match up right.

-
Back