Prayer needed from 5,000 miles away, Dad is in ICU

-
Stay positive. As bleak as it sounds, they can do wonders. My best friend went in for routine gall bladder removal and had everything go wrong. They put him in a coma for 21 days as well and he to had tubes hanging all over the place. I was told that it didn't look to promising. But I never stopped being positive that he would come out of the coma and be okay. He ended up having 4 surgeries to finally fix things and was in intensive care for 41 days. He got out of the hospital the second week in May and he and I have been bike riding all over town having a blast. he's 62 years old.

So hang in there. Miracles do happen!

Just an update:

After the 1st operation, there were some complications. His Blood Pressure kept dropping from 110 to 100 to 90 and eventually at 71/46 the hospital called me and my brothers to go and see the Doc urgently.

We had to decide on another emergency operation which the Doc said Dad might have 40% chance of surviving. If not, he will die (the Doc was very honest and blunt).

So we signed the papers and off he went into the OT. About 2 hours later he came out... alive. BP was better at between 110 to 120. Due to the blood pressure being that low (71/46) his kidneys have shut down (the Doc said thats just temporary, his kidney will function again once the BP stabilize) and he is now on dialysis machine as well as the life support machines.

Last nite, before I left the hospital, his BP was 120/70. Hoping for it to stabilize soon and he can come off the machines.

Syed

Hang in there Syed. Been through this with my father and both my inlaws. Hospitals for family and friends is just a brutal slow waiting game. Will keep your Dad and your family in my prayers.

-
Back