Prayers needed for a Veteran

-

68gtxman

I used to reMember
Reaction score
Hello my friends! Please pray for my father-in-law. He has been in the hospital for two weeks now with a strange ailment. He was out of his mind, living way back in the Korean War and calling in air support while sitting in his hospital bed. Kind of funny, but oh so sad. Only my wife (and I) could take seeing him this way. He was such a nice and loving father, but the last two weeks he was yelling at everyone and throwing things. He threw the telephone at the nurse. Today, he finally had some lucid moments when my wife was visiting him. She called me and put him on the phone so I could say hi. He said that he felt like he was in a horror movie the last two weeks. He was back in the war and other nightmarish events and he couldn't stand it. Today he said he just wanted to die, if he wasn't going to be let out of the hospital again. So sad! My wife plead with him to hang in there, because we loved him and we feel that he will be able to come home again. He lost his best friend/wife in March and he lost his only son August old last year. As a Norwegian, sons mean so much more than daughters (which of course hurts my wife). I think he even thinks now more of me than my wife, since I am a male. (We've only been together for 12 years).

Anyway, I love this man and I respect him for raising his family rightly, and for his service to our country. Please spend a moment sending him your prayers.

Consider him and all of you added to our prayer list.

Done deal,
btw - has there been any changes to his meds lately, could be a reaction to that.
C

prayers sent. so sad. 2 wars took the tool on my dad . but he went thru the r ecognized treatment back in the 60's, said he could not ever stand it again. it was electro shock treatment. very c rude and painful. but he did pull out of it all.

you're right, kinda funny and sad all at once - sounds like he's been through a lot. I hope the lucidity wins out! You got it!

Done deal,
btw - has there been any changes to his meds lately, could be a reaction to that.
C
Yes, they did put him on an anti-depressant and we believed it was the cause. But the docs were reluctant to take him off of them. My wife (a lawyer) kept the pressure on them until they relented. He's been somewhat "back" since Friday night - yeah!!! He is now in a rehab facility - since Saturday. We are holding our collective breaths that he is past all of this.

Thank you all for your prayers! I'm sure that's what pulled him through!

Last edited:
I don't know what's been going on today. I've been calling him for hours now and all I get is a busy tone. He must have the phone off the hook. My wife is heading over there now to see what's up. I don't expect anything bad, but you never know.

Yesterday we found out that my brother's wife had a stroke and heart attack while in Iceland. She waited until her vacation was over with her son there, before boarding a return flight. Today, after many tests, they say she has some permanent damage (presumably her heart). She may be coming home tonight, but I would like to ask you all for prayers for her as well. She is a 35 year Navy civilian.

My wife says she is at her wits end with all of the health issues.

Thanks for your continued prayers my friends!!

Well, my father-in-law just had the phone off the hook yesterday. I talked to him for a while and he seems to be fully back mentally- hooray! He is wheelchair bound at this point because he lost too much strength and another 22 pounds. He must be down to 190-200 (from 350 a year ago). At 6'-5", he looks like skin and bone. But his outlook has improved somewhat and he wants to come home. I think they will keep him in rehab until he builds up some strength first.

No news on my sister-in-law yet.

Thanks for your continued prayers!

-
Back