Prayers needed for My Grandpa......Update

-
Prayers sent this morning for your grandpa and to the doctors using
the wisdom given to them to see this threw and have him back home safe and healthy Keith and Pete.
Positive thoughts and a prayer of strength to you and your family and friends Mike and Treva. amen..

Thank you so much for all the prayers! He made it through surgery last night, went till almost 4 AM, sounds like he is doing good, he is in the ICU right now so hopefully he improves fast and can get to go home. Pete was on the site last night using the computer at the hospital and read the thread, I could tell the thoughts and prayers made him feel better. Thanks again everyone, you are the best :glasses7:

Thank you so much for all the prayers! He made it through surgery last night, went till almost 4 AM, sounds like he is doing good, he is in the ICU right now so hopefully he improves fast and can get to go home. Pete was on the site last night using the computer at the hopspital and read the thread, I could tell the thoughts and prayers made him feel better. Thanks again everyone, you are the best :glasses7:

EXCELLENT NEWS KEITH

im glad all has gone well :hello1: more prayers for a speedy recovery !

Thank you for this update!! my hart sank for you and Pete...
I have never met ether of my grandfathers..
Bless you and your family on this day

Hope all is good Keith, Pete! Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Sorry i'm late to this thread Keith. Prayers sent for a quick recovery and to you, dad and the rest of the family.

I'm a grandpa myself and as I have gotten older (and a little bit wiser, but not much) I've discovered the closer I get to eternity the more I look forward to it.

I've also found that it is best to pray that the Lord's will will be done. However, there's nuttin wrong with asking for his complete and total recovery though.

Benji

My grandpa is a talented wood worker, the best I have ever seen. He could build anything out of wood, he even made a full scale 7 ft tall grandfather clock, the only thing he didn't make were the heavy counter weights.....the clock face, even all the moving parts and gears inside were made by hand. He built it over 35 years ago, and it still works! (sorry, no pic of the clock) He has had heart attacks in the past, triple bypass surgery, and not long ago a pacemaker put in, he has slowed down alot and doesn't do any work with wood now. The stuff he does is amazing, everyone in the family has something made by him, I even have a bunch of toy trucks and cars he made for me when I was a tiny kid :D

He made this for me about 20 years ago just after I got my first car, he took a photo of it, then made what you see below. Every different color or part is a seperate piece of wood, cut to fit together, even the pinstripe is a seperate piece of wood. He even detailed our home and the knot in the wood in the sky looks like a cloud like the picture had. The only thing he didn't make were the wheels, but he made the centers look like the rallye wheels it had on it. I have the original pic he used somewhere, may have to look now. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• DSC07409.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC07410.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC07411.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC07413.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC07412.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC03842.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 112
Don't forget to hug him when he has healed up enough to take it. Great news this morning, thanks for letting us know.

Wow that woodworking is amazing!

Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery!

What a great piece of art, I am overwhelmed at his attention to detail to pull that off.:shock::shock:
I see the apple did not fall far from the tree :D ( as we say here) by looking at the skills I see in you and your dad... Wow !!! Just wow!!! :cheers:

Don't forget to hug him when he has healed up enough to take it. Great news this morning, thanks for letting us know.

You bet I will, going to see him in a little while, nice thing is the hospital is only a few mins from my house :glasses7:

What a great piece of art, I am overwhelmed at his attention to detail to pull that off.:shock::shock:
I see the apple did not fall from the tree :D ( as we say here) by looking at the skills I see in you and your dad... Wow !!! Just wow!!! :cheers:

Thanks Mike! Not many people in the family have picked up on the wood working hobby, would have been great to learn though, great thing to pass the time. When I was a little kid I would always run down to his shop and see his new stuff, or watch him work. My favorite was how it smelled down there, and I always found a pile of sawdust to olay with :glasses7:

Here is one I know you will like Mike, the eagle is all one piece of wood, not one single cut goes through, it's really neat :D

Attachments

• DSC07414.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC07416.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 149
Oh my!! That is a beautiful piece, I bet there is many hours in the eagle also..
I can smell the sawdust from here..:thumblef:... Blest is a man enjoying watching his grandfather enjoy his hobby and and blest is a grandfather enjoy a day with his grandson while enjoying his hobbies :happy1:

Keeping your grandpa in my prayers Keith, and Pete I will keep you in my prayers to keep you strong and see this threw so your father can return home..and to the doctors I pray for them
that are doing these procedures and fallow up with the wisdom given to them. keeping a positive piece of mind on this day.

My grandpa is a talented wood worker, the best I have ever seen. He could build anything out of wood, he even made a full scale 7 ft tall grandfather clock, the only thing he didn't make were the heavy counter weights.....the clock face, even all the moving parts and gears inside were made by hand. He built it over 35 years ago, and it still works! (sorry, no pic of the clock) He has had heart attacks in the past, triple bypass surgery, and not long ago a pacemaker put in, he has slowed down alot and doesn't do any work with wood now. The stuff he does is amazing, everyone in the family has something made by him, I even have a bunch of toy trucks and cars he made for me when I was a tiny kid :D

He made this for me about 20 years ago just after I got my first car, he took a photo of it, then made what you see below. Every different color or part is a seperate piece of wood, cut to fit together, even the pinstripe is a seperate piece of wood. He even detailed our home and the knot in the wood in the sky looks like a cloud like the picture had. The only thing he didn't make were the wheels, but he made the centers look like the rallye wheels it had on it. I have the original pic he used somewhere, may have to look now. Enjoy the pics!

Be sure to thank your granpa for us and let him know how much we enjoyed seeing what a talented gentleman he is. We continue to pray for his full and speedy recovery.

Your Grandfather is a talented man. I am so glad to see he is doing better.

-
Back