prayers please... job interview

-
One is headed your way Robert. Good luck with it.
C

Prayers sent for 'ya Robert, but I don't think you'll need too many of 'em.

You're way overdue :salute: :angel2:

It's time for a career change, folks, and a steady paycheck again.

Wednesday morning I have an interview at a local plant in industrial maintenance. Pay's good, bennies are good, hours are kind of funky, but shouldn't be a problem. Good job security, a place where a person can grow roots and retire.

I need a change. I've been professionally paid to do everything to a car except drive 'em and sell 'em over the past 20+ years. Getting burned out.

Figured, though, with my mechanical experience, going this route wouldn't be so much of a change that I'd be entering a field where I'd have to start from blank, but gives me a change up enough that should keep me on my toes and challenging enough that I won't get bored with it.

And then build my 60x60 shop and come home and restore antiques for occupational therapy and relaxation.
hey you got this easy,my only jobs have always been cars,mechanical or b&p.got a job as an apartment maintenance man,and ended up being the supervisor in two months.if you can fix a car you can do maintenance.....

First of all let me thank each and every one of you for the prayers and well wishes.

I got the official rejection letter in the mail the other day. They didn't think my automotive experience would translate well into the manufacturing maintenance slot.

I'm taking this a blessing in disguise.

Some of you may know that I've been renovating my house to be somewhat more to my liking. Due to an accident by my best friend I was forced to replace two windows in the dining room (she broke one, I replaced the other to match).

After a little while of putting it off due to constant rain I was finally able to get around to putting the side back up and putting on new casing.

A day of running the saw and up and down the ladder kicked my ***. My epicondylitis flared so bad my elbow was swollen to twice the size it should be, and because of this, my ulnar nerve was so pinched I lost almost all feeling in my ring and little finger on my left hand (I usually have a "buzzing," like those fingers are asleep).

Sarah would be yelling at me for not doing my stretching exercises and wearing my brace, but really, I didn't even think about it.

My arm was so sore I could barely use it, until the muscle got massaged out. When that happens I know how bubble wrap feels, since my muscle isn't able to process the body's natural lactic acid. I bunch of bubbles develop in the muscle and need to popped.

I don't mind being sore - as a matter of fact, I equate soreness with getting the job done - but it's a reminder that I'm no longer in my 30's (when the hell did that happen?) and my body isn't capable of functioning like it used to.

Combine the repetitive motion syndrome in with bad knees of years of doing collision work and working on concrete floors, my migraines, and now what appears to be rotator cuff issues and I just don't know if my body could take many more years of working on cars, let alone working on heavy machinery in a plant.

I'll go where God wants me to be. I think all this just comes down to the idea He didn't want me to be there.

Geez! How did I miss this thread? Sorry Robert, both for the job situation and missing your prayer request. Keep that level head, something will turn up.

Hey Robert, sorry you didn't get the job, but they say all things happen for a reason.

Just a thought, have you ever thought of looking into a service writer position? With your knowledge base and your articulation skills, it might be a good fit for you.

-
Back