Prayers

-

jw_german

Reaction score
I need to ask a favor of you guys. I recieved several emails from my wife today, that my grandfather had to be taken to the hospital last night. She said they ran some tests, xrays, and CT scan. He has had alot of problems with his heart, and lungs as well. She said his heart was good, but he has a collapsed lung. They were supposed to put a tube in his chest at some point last night/this morning. I dont know yet if they have done that. I would greatly appreciate it if you would send prayers for him. Thank you.

Prayer sent for your Grandfather. Praying they get him fixed up quickly and back home. Prayers for you too, it's hard being so far away when a loved one is sick...stay positive and remember our older folks really are tougher than we may think.

Prayers Sent to your Grandfather, you,and family.

Thank you, everybody. It means alot to me that you would do this. I talked to my wife, she said that he is doing better. They got the tube put in, and that it would take 2 to 3 days to reinflate his lung. He is obviously very tired, but is doing pretty well now. Thanks again all of you.

TXDart- His name is John Mote.

Thank you, everybody. It means alot to me that you would do this. I talked to my wife, she said that he is doing better. They got the tube put in, and that it would take 2 to 3 days to reinflate his lung. He is obviously very tired, but is doing pretty well now. Thanks again all of you.

TXDart- His name is John Mote.

That is great. I am glad to hear he is doing better.

Thought I would give you guys an update. Well everything was going good, I got to talk to my grandpa on Christmas, so that was good, he didnt sound great obviously but he sounded better than I expected. Well yesterday morning, which would be sometime Monday evening in the States, my wife informed me that things turned down hill. The tube that was supposed to be causing his lung to reinflate had quit working. I dont really know how its supposed to work. Anyway, he had a hole in his lung and it wasnt healing, so more air was getting into his chest cavity, making things worse, but he still was ok. Well, this morning my platoon leader brought me a Red Cross message. You can imagine what its like getting woke up at 2am by a warrant officer holding a piece of paper that says Red Cross Message in big bold letters across the top. They had to put him on a BiPap machine (?) and on oxygen. From my understanding this was a breathing machine that increased pressure to force the air into his lungs at intervals to keep him breathing. Well things were not looking good at all. Needless to say I didnt get much sleep at all last night. So all day today I was really anxious to get an update. Well, tonight I talked to my wife for a few minutes, the connection was horrible, but she said he was doing much better, was off the BiPap machine, and was up moving around and had his morning cup of coffee for the first time in several days. He will be meeting with a surgeon in the next day or two to see about getting the hole in his lung fixed. Things went from being really bad to really good considering the situation. I want to thank you guys for the prayers and concern.

Keepin up the prayers here my friend.

Prayers continuing for your Granddad. Sorry for the complications and the uncertainty, praying that is all behind y'all now.

jw German,my dad has been going with 1 lung and 1/3 of a heart for the past 2 yrs.He,s on oxygen 24/7 now,but manages with his tanks(oxygen)He also has a small machine for travelling,that produces oxygen.Hope this gives you some hope that your granpa should be ok.

P.S My dads 80 yrs old.

Everything seems to be good for now, I just found out that they will be moving him to Atlanta to have the surgery to close up the hole in his lung. They said it would be a simple surgery. I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes.

Thanks for the update. A big relief for all your Granddad's loved ones.:cheers:

I was informed a few hours ago that my grandpa passed away. The first surgery, they took out a third of his lung. About an hour later things werent so good, so they took out the rest of his lung. He did very poorly since then.

Sorry for your loss, may your grandfather be in a better place now, and you stay strong,time does heal.

Moe

-
Back