Pre '64 Winchester Model 1894

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Well, I just bought a Winchester 1894 built in 1956. Bluing is about 95% and few minor honest use dings on the stock. I gave my friend a check for it yesterday and am going to pick it up on Sunday.

I paid $475. Good deal? :)

Is this it Joe ? is yours a 3030 ? The very best brush gun ever made with good knock down !!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQ8sdBsE58"]The Winchester Model 1894 Lever Action Rifle - YouTube[/ame]

Here in Arkansas the 3030 is Theeee best gun to have... It will shoot threw brush and hot change it's course :happy2: CONGRATULATIONS :cheers:

Here in Arkansas the 3030 is Theeee best gun to have... It will shoot threw brush and hot change it's course :happy2: CONGRATULATIONS :cheers:

Excellent deal. Great gun!

Thanks guys, I'll post a pic when I get it home. Oh yeah, he's throwing in 30 rounds of ammo too. I have dies for this caliber so a day at the range shouldn't be too pricey.

I read last night that a pre '64 with 50% blueing is worth 675 and goes up from there? Could that be true?

Sweet the one in my profile pic is my '94 built in '52 in .32 win spl.

It is my all time favorite even over my modern .338 win mag browning A bolt with scope.

Looks like you got a decent deal too. Should be a great gun for you.

There great guns I have a model 1894 in 38-55 cal. It belonged to my Great Grandfather and has only four digits in the serial number.

Winchester is one brand I do not own. Hell, I have only fired 1 Winchester, it was a Model 70, 458 Win Mag. Had a real purty custom wooden stock. Was surprised at the kick, not fast and violent like my 338 Win Mag but slow and deliberate, seemed like it just kept pushing on your shoulder for a while. Good luck with your new toy....

I know what you mean about the 338, I have one and it kicks like a mule. I also have a pre 64 300 H&H mag thats a nice gun to shoot.

Need to take my 2 hour trip up north to Colville to blow the cob webs out of my 50 bmg here real soon. Made a deal with Demonseed for a bear rug for a few rounds of 50bmg ammo. Luckily the thing is 24 pounds or so and has a muzzle brake on it to tame it to a 30-06 or so or I would not be shooting it anymore. One of my trips to AZ I need to bring my 338 Win Mag with me, I have a buddy that bought a few boxes of ammo and is saving things for the thing to destroy. Last time we went out with him before I moved up here he had found a 5 inch thick piece of safety glass. Took us close to 2 hours to clean up that mess.

I have a Winchester model 1894 that was built in 1896 and it is a 32-40. My Great Grandfather was the first to have it, then my Grandfather and now me. I have owned it sence 1966.

Nice gun at a real nice price Joe. I have a Puma, thats a knockoff of that gun in 357 mag. Great guns, have fun with it.

Sweet the one in my profile pic is my '94 built in '52 in .32 win spl.

It is my all time favorite even over my modern .338 win mag browning A bolt with scope.

Looks like you got a decent deal too. Should be a great gun for you.

There great guns I have a model 1894 in 38-55 cal. It belonged to my Great Grandfather and has only four digits in the serial number.

I have a Winchester model 1894 that was built in 1896 and it is a 32-40. My Great Grandfather was the first to have it, then my Grandfather and now me. I have owned it sence 1966.

Can't go wrong with a Winchester lever-action!

Nice gun at a real nice price Joe. I have a Puma, thats a knockoff of that gun in 357 mag. Great guns, have fun with it.

Good buy on a good gun. I have one that was handed down from Gramps. I'll never sell it. I would give you the $675 for that one all day.

Thanks everyone for all your input. I especially enjoy the historical "Granfather" stories. It makes me wish these guns could talk and tell stories of hunting trips, trail rides, ranch life and Father & Son firearms training. Maybe even stories of protecting the horses from wild cougar or warding of the bad guys.

This particular rifle was fitted with a rear Redfield peep sight in the era that the gun was made. It's attached by longer than stock reciever screws, so no alteration of the weapon was made, however the original screws are long gone. I'm about 100% positive I can get some from Brownell's, just to have around and in case I want to sell it (I don't see that though.... I'm already emotionally attached to it oddly enough). I'm left eye dominant and right handed so the peep sight stays. The sight is very low profile, adjustable for windage and elevation and very, very well made. The front sling mount is incorrect and the gap was filled with kind of epoxy. I will fix that with the correct mount.

I'm amazed how compact and slim this weapons is with a 19.25" barrel. Looking forward to shooting it sometime in the near future and checking out the sight alignment.

Nice! I also have my Grandfathers pre-64 in 30-30. It's almost NOS....only 30 or so rounds ever went down range. It kicked to hard for him so he stuck it in a case on the top shelf of his closet for 40 years until I got it in 1995. I never got around to useing it, I just clean it once in a while.

Nice! I also have my Grandfathers pre-64 in 30-30. It's almost NOS....only 30 or so rounds ever went down range. It kicked to hard for him so he stuck it in a case on the top shelf of his closet for 40 years until I got it in 1995. I never got around to useing it, I just clean it once in a while.

Thanks Ontos, that's what I do with my Dad's Arisaka he captured in WWII. I think of him while I clean it, I wouldn't sell that rifle come hell or high water.

The Elderly gentleman I picked up the Winchester from got a little misty eyed as I was loading it up into the case. His wife is suffering from late stages Alzheimers and dementia so he just can't have guns around anymore. It's kind of a sad story.

Thanks Ontos, that's what I do with my Dad's Arisaka he captured in WWII. I think of him while I clean it, I wouldn't sell that rifle come hell or high water.

The Elderly gentleman I picked up the Winchester from got a little misty eyed as I was loading it up into the case. His wife is suffering from late stages Alzheimers and dementia so he just can't have guns around anymore. It's kind of a sad story.

Same here, I lost both Grandparents within a month of each other. Grandma died of a broken heart 4 weeks after Grandpa died. They were together 55 years. I think about him when I clean it....just don't want to shoot it, he was the last one to do that. Heh....I still have a box of ammo that came with it.

-
Back