pre oil lifters?

-
I had a brain-fart moment when I primed my last engine, it was on the stand, and I forgot to connect the oil pressure gauge up, shot oil on the garage ceiling.

I,ve allways put my hyd. lifters in a oil bath for a day or two and let them soak,get the air out of them,on small block chevy's.is this what you guy's do on a mopar?I read something on here about not doing it,something to do with the stationary rockers?please help.thanks
Don't pre oil..... also.... install the pushrods and rockers while I take manifold it off. You can check for correct lifter depression of which you'll be able to see with your eyes while the intakes off ...lifter cup depressing .030 or so....rotating,checking/adjusting.... then squeeze some more moly wiz over the cam and button it up.

I had a brain-fart moment when I primed my last engine, it was on the stand, and I forgot to connect the oil pressure gauge up, shot oil on the garage ceiling.
Oh God you brought back some Deja Vu! LOL I'm glad that I'm the only one that didn't happen to! Get everything in there all nice and clean and sanitize and nothing like a big geyser of fresh breaking all over everything dammit! LOL

Oh God you brought back some Deja Vu! LOL I'm glad that I'm the only one that didn't happen to! Get everything in there all nice and clean and sanitize and nothing like a big geyser of fresh breaking all over everything dammit! LOL

Yes, that is one mistake, you only make once.

-
Back