Preparing to sell my original owner 72 Demon

-
Any pictures from when it was a race car?

What a beautiful car. Make sure it gets into the right hands if you do let it go.
Whoever does get it is pretty fortunate knowing the history from it's beginnings, right from the original owner's mouth. Glad you reached out and shared your story.
More and more rare to hear such detailed owner history these days.
And welcome aboard!

We all know this is a super hard car to find in this condition with such history!
If you are going to sell I agree leave off the digital dash stuff and let the new owner make it as he desires.
Key word is eposure to the full market!

^^^^maybe fishing but I was just happy to see another beautiful car...and it happened to be a Demon to boot! And in my world, a car that runs in the 10's is mighty fast to boot!

These cars like the PO 's Demon are pretty few and far between. It is nice to hear their stories an know they are stilll out there, even though out of my "pay scale"!!!
The world is full of poor projects that are not even decent parts cars, and overpriced "quilt cars", and stuff on FB Market listed my dope heads!

Going digital dash is going to decrease the value of the car even more. Hard to sell a car when you are still emotionally attached to it. Pull the ad, you are not ready to sell yet.

Thanks for your input. There are so many schools of thought today on what to do with the classic cars. I still spend time in my old age at a shop that does resto work. We have seen a steady increase in desires to modernize older cars by the younger crowd. If it is not a true numbers matching car, the value is actually improved with features that are more reliable such as better suspension, steering, brakes, A/C, sound system, paint, carb to EFI, and yes, digital instrument panels. I wouldn't be doing 10 sec. quarter miles if I stayed stock. I have to sell. My health isn't going to allow me to be around a lot longer. Had a great car life though. Not regrets and not afraid to meet my Lord.

agree with george on the digital dash. it won't add anything to the bottom line and may be a turn off to a potential buyer.

here's a few comps, not that i agree on the pricing and not that people are always getting what they're asking...

[/URL]

[/URL]

never the less, it seems that very nice restored demons are trading hands in the upper 30's to lower 40's which is about where i'd put a price point on yours. the racy nature of the engine, no creature comforts and deviation from a "stock" restoration are going to be turnoffs to some but the overall tidy appearance and apparent attention to detail will certainly appeal to another set of people.
Thanks for that feedback and comparables. I should have it ready in about a month and through help from you folks and others, I'm sure I'll come up with a price that I will accept. I did respond to George with thoughts from my experience at a resto shop if you care to read them. It truly is a matter of finding that right buyer. Thanks for your compliments also.

Any pictures from when it was a race car?
I missed your request. It's always a ice to share the history. Prior to going to Vietnam, I had bought my first Mopar, an Orange 70 Duster 340 4 speed and sold my 65 GTO Tri Power 4 speed to a fellow airman to buy the Duster. I need to get one of my old Duster pics scanned in so I can show it.

137.jpg

95.jpg

-
Back