Preserved 1966 Dart Sedan on Bring A Trailer

-
I would see myself paying that but never buy without seeing it in person.

Slant six, early A for over $10k? I see myself being priced out of this hobby within 5 years. I’m glad the A body is getting it’s due respect, but damn.

A body value is going up. Good if you are selling, bad if you are buying. A unrestored original like this will always be worth good money. Because it is a slant 6 170 post car it will be on the lower side of the chart but still worth the money because of it's originality and condition. There was a member on FBBO that mentioned it sold for strong money. May be so but you couldn't restore one as nice for that $12,500 price tag. That makes the HP 273 and 4 speed GT's worth even more. That stripper 66 would make a fun race car but the OEM part of me would really hate to start carving a car that nice and original to make it a drag car. Each to his own. Like they say, they are only original once.

Yeah, the gear head in me would want to hot rod it up a bit.
Remember, a restoration paint job now-a-days will cost you over $12K.

Yeah, the gear head in me would want to hot rod it up a bit.
Remember, a restoration paint job now-a-days will cost you over $12K.
One of the reasons why I haven't painted mine and I don't have a place to take it apart and build it. I like it the way it is. Kind of a work in progress, rat rod look. I should sand through in places to get some patina. LOL

2.20.22c.jpg

From the pics it was worth the $$.
It's not like it's a beak 4 door.
I was shocked to see how much it went up in the last few hours. That's how it should be tho, low bids until the end. Kinds like watching a basketball game lol.
Beautiful car, beautiful color, 2 door and appears to be mint. And 56 years old?
Wheres the whiner about not finding a $20-25k a body...

From the pics it was worth the $$.
It's not like it's a beak 4 door.
I was shocked to see how much it went up in the last few hours. That's how it should be tho, low bids until the end. Kinds like watching a basketball game lol.
Beautiful car, beautiful color, 2 door and appears to be mint. And 56 years old?
Wheres the whiner about not finding a $20-25k a body...
:thumbsup: :lol::lol:

Toolman, your 66 is why I went looking for one.Ended up with a 64.
Remember this one ? Still want a 66 someday.

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

Toolman, your 66 is why I went looking for one.Ended up with a 64.
Remember this one ? Still want a 66 someday.

View attachment 1716033491

View attachment 1716033492
That's a good looking ride!
Yes I remember. Funny, when I found my 66 I was looking for a 64. My first car was a 65 and I like the looks of the 64's better.
Scott (Pettybludart) found a nice slant 6 66 post car and put a 360 in it for the street. It didn't take him long to build a stroker and turn it into a fire breathing dragon. LOL

trim 023.jpg

19004389_Rsg7xf.jpg

112473191_10159793281649918_8711647344634042238_o.jpg

Early As have really come up in price in last 5 years or so. But original, survivor type old Mopars are always cool! Even slant cars are getting some love, maybe one day a more door will be loved by the masse also!??

-
Back