Pressure regulator bad????

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I have a rear mounted electric holley blue pump. I have a inline filter before the pump and a canister filter after the pump and then 6AN braided line all the way up to the carb. i have a plate that mounts a single inlet duel outlet pressure regulator. it splits off from the regulator to each float bowl of my holley 750 dp. i have pressure gauges in both the front and rear fittings of the regulator manifold. i have 6lbs in the front portion and only 4lbs in the rear. they should be equal shouldnt they? i ordered a new billet alum holley regulator today and 2 new pressure gauges. hope that fixes the prob. i got the current regulator in a kit from summit and it looks pretty cheap.

Assuming you have it plumbed correctly, this has to differences in the gauges. Either or both gauges could be wrong, IE one could be reading 1 lb too high, and the other 1 lb too low

Also, leaving a gauge(s) inline is terribly hard on them, unless they have a protective orifice or are oil filled. If the needles vibrate when the needles are opening, they won't be accurate for long.

I like to use refrigeration Schrader valves. You can buy these in all kinds of configurations, but for fuel systems, you can get them with 1/4" flare and a Schrader valve and cap, and the other end in 1/8" male NPT. In fact what I use for checking my (now EFI) pressure is an old refrigeration manifold and hoses, with the "high" side gauge replaced.

Like so:

3GC99_AS01

My 5 buck thrift store refrigeration manifold, with a 0-30 psi gauge on the left. (For TBI) I'll have to replace it when/ if I go to MPFI. The nice thing about using one of these is you can check pressure, shut things off, and use the hoses to bleed off pressure so you don't spray all over

Attachments

• manifold.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 84
Assuming you have it plumbed correctly, this has to differences in the gauges. Either or both gauges could be wrong, IE one cold be reading 1 lb too high, and the other 1 lb too low

it can only be plumed one way. it has a bottom fed inlet and two side mounted oulets. i think it could be the gauges also. either way i ordered new stuff. i just need to find out if its bad. if so then i will pitch it. if its good then i will hang onto it.

-
Back