Prestolite wiper motor on 65 is that OEM?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I'm testing the wiper motor and replacing the wiper pivot gaskets while my dash is out. This wiper motor turns continuously but we couldn't get it to park and we took the switch off the back and nothing is broken and in fact the park mechanism does work. We just can't get it to power up doing a bench test. Maybe hooking something up wrong or maybe we need to use the wiper switch. Anyway this wiper motor says Prestolite ERQ - 4006 - 12V and 464 under that. Is this an OEM supplier for Chrsyler back in 65? So would this be the original on my 65 Valiant? Can anyone tell by that number if it is a variable speed or single speed? I don't have the wiper switch yet. Was there only a single speed and a two speed available in 65 for the Valiant? I know my 73 Charger had variable speed wipers as an option and it's 3 speeds. But I'm not sure if 3 speed were available on a 65 Valiant.

If the wiper switch isn't chassis grounded the motor wont stop at park.
Both the motor and the switch require chassis ground.

In my 1964 Dart wiper motor which is variable speed I was missing two other wires which change direction of the motor to park it. I had removed it during the restoration and years later went to use it and they wouldn't park. Red and Yellow wires. Jayson

-
Back