Pretty cool duster story

-

bballfan1

Reaction score
so I have been looking for a car for a couple years. Sunday talking to my brother, I say I wonder if this guy who bought a car from my dad years ago, still has it? (Dad passed a couple years ago). So he says I have his number (brother used to work with the guy). I text him and he says yes I still have it. Of course I say would it be for sale? He says I’ve been thinking about it since I never drive it. So I end up looking at it Sunday night. Matching numbers 340 4 speed 72. Driver condition. He pulls out the bill of sale from my dad from 1979. $2300. Lol go back yesterday with a friend to inspect closer. Pretty decent car. Luckily, he kept original intake and exhaust manifolds, and thermoquad that came with the car, when he switched them out.best part we found the build sheet behind the back of the back seat! I will be picking up the car in the next couple days. I will post some pics when I get it. Also, he had the original window sticker from a 71 340 that his brother owned. I will post vin here, in case a member here has the car. I believe it was tor red with a black vinyl roof. Sorry post was so long.

Awesome!! Glad you got it back! Now the question is, were you able to buy it back for what he bought it for? :D

That is so very cool. My dad talks all the time about the 340 4 speed duster he drove as a young man. I think its probably why we (my sons and I) are so into the A-body platforms. I wish he had old insurance cards or registrations to help find them again.

Just to clarify my dad sold the car at his used car dealership. He did have a 71 340 4 speed duster that’s now owned by one of my good friends. Hopefully I will get it back some day. That would be really cool!

Picked up Car today. Will post pics tomorrow. Extra parts original to the car I got today.

Original carb,intake,air cleaner,valve covers,water pump,3.23 center section and he through in 4 rallye wheels, and some odds and ends he accumulated in 39 years! Lol

Great day
upload_2018-8-24_21-5-59.jpeg

I will post a better pic of the broadcast sheet tomorrow. I want the experts to decode it exactly for me.

That guy paid good money for it in 1979 and based off that I am surprised me wanted to sell it.... That car is in his blood for the price he paid lol.....

It's a great story and looks to be in great shape.... Enjoy it, most people don't get a second chance at something like this.... It's the only reason I haven't sent the one packing I have now. My dad bought it in 1980.

JW

-
Back