Pretty sure my dream job would be selling this from a food truck.

-
Spam dishes...

IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG
IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

Food carts are very popular here in Portland Oregon. Helped a friend and worked in one a couple of times. Fun meeting with new people, NO fun being in a food cart all day. Couldn't imagine how someone could be in o e for any length of time. True story: I actually bought a $200 flatbed trailer off Craigslist, and built a food cart on it. Rented a spot at a food cart pod, had it inspected, and employed someone to operate it. Ran it for a couple months and sold it for a profit. To much hassle...
One myth I like to stomp out with my friends is that these food carts are gross and uncared-for. Ours had to have a health inspection just like any restaurant every 6 months. Now you coming like that with 10 or 15 food carts all in the same pod and that health inspector is out there probably once a week in that food pot area getting food for himself and inspecting all the cards or following up on ones that had in fractions. So you have to stop and think that that's food inspector is going to be near all those food carts very often as compared to a restaurant that will know the food inspectors coming way ahead of time.

Another twisted soul led to the demented side by Monty Python's Flying Circus :rofl: . My 10 yr old daughter came home from visiting her baby sitter and her college freshman daughter singing "The Lumberjack Song". I knew my daughter was headed in the right direction. :lol: Oh, the Spam thing. Boy Scout's go to. Last time I ate it didn't agree with me. I know it can never go bad. I must have cooked it improperly :BangHead:
If you're a Monty Python fan you need to check out a little know movie from the early 80s called Yellowbeard. It has a lot of the Python cast in it John Please, Eric Idle and Grahm Capman. Also has Marty Feldman, Madeline Khaun and Cheech & Chong. Typical Python humor. I was able to download the whole movie for free online. There are also pieces of it on YouTube.

I am familiar with Yellow Beard. With the addition of Cheech & Chong that makes for some seriously demented entertainment :rofl:.

-
Back