PRI show, bought the Quick Jack

-
Just partly, I don't unplug them, just, move them around together. Just worked on Lexus rear bumper, perfect height. Your A is looking good!

Just partly, I don't unplug them, just, move them around together. Just worked on Lexus rear bumper, perfect height. Your A is looking good!

I took a blade and split the hoses for a few feet. I rushed and didn't do a great job and some of the stainless braiding is visible. I covered it up with some black gorilla duct tape.

That's my son's Valiant. He loves it, but he's not a "car" guy, so I have to maintain it.
I told him that when I die, he either needs to upgrade to a late model car, or ask his sister for help (she's 16 and enrolled in auto shop next year and is anxious to start working on her '66 Mustang)

Are you jacking on the pinch welds?
I was going to, but then I put the supplied rubber blocks just up to the pinch welds.
They seem to fit perfectly there and I got a full "bite" between the block and the bottom of the car. Although it's not a flat surface where I placed the blocks, it's not so angled that it would have slipped. Plus, those rubber blocks stick to the car pretty well.

These looks super neat...how is the side to side stability? That seems like the only downside, since the base of the jacks doesn't seem very wide at all. It looks tippy, but is it?

The Kwik-Lift seems more stable in that area, but I love the idea of having all four tires off the ground at once without having to do any additional jacking and blocking.

These looks super neat...how is the side to side stability? That seems like the only down side, since the base of the jacks doesn't seem very wide at all. It looks tippy, but is it?

The Kwik-Lift seems more stable in that area, but I love the idea of having all four tires off the ground at once without having to do any additional jacking and blocking.

When I got it up all the way, I shook the hell out of it. It was pretty stable. I was considering the Kiwk-lift, but then realized that's a lot of steel to be storing. I like that these jacks have little wheels on the ends so you can wheel them around.

I'll be dropping the A833 out of my 66 cuda soon, and for extra safety, I'll put jack stands out. I wouldn't do that for a simple oil change or rotation, but If I'm going to be under there pushing and pulling, again, you can never be too safe

When I got it up all the way, I shook the hell out of it. It was pretty stable. I was considering the Kiwk-lift, but then realized that's a lot of steel to be storing. I like that these jacks have little wheels on the ends so you can wheel them around.

I'll be dropping the A833 out of my 66 cuda soon, and for extra safety, I'll put jack stands out. I wouldn't do that for a simple oil change or rotation, but If I'm going to be under there pushing and pulling, again, you can never be too safe

Thanks for the input. The Kwik-Lift IS a lot of steel, but I have a few trucks in addition to the Barracuda, so it still might be an option for me. I don't think the Quick Jack will work on my Ramcharger.

There is a lot to be said for portability and being able to stash the things under your workbench, though.

Thanks for the input. The Kwik-Lift IS a lot of steel, but I have a few trucks in addition to the Barracuda, so it still might be an option for me. I don't think the Quick Jack will work on my Ramcharger.

There is a lot to be said for portability and being able to stash the things under your workbench, though.

Oh Yeah, you need the Kwik Lift if you have anything that big. The quick jack is only rated for 5K pounds. I have a full-size ford van that it's curb weight is about 5200lbs. I'm sure my quick jack is probably overbuilt and could lift it, but I don't want to risk it.

I bought one too (quick jack) and it seems stable enuff for about any kind of work. I made some riser blocks to hold the large rubber blocks and gives about 4 extra inches of lift. I had to do this because of my sidepipes, the rubber blocks weren't tall enuff to keep from crushing my exhaust. Grabbing the pinch weld on my cuda looked like it was cutting the rubber blocks in half but when I got it off they were fine.

Yea those blocks are tuff. I'm using my jacks more than I thought. I leave one set in the same place and pull the car in, slide them under and lift. The perfect height for me to work in engine compartment.

-
Back