Price for 1972 Full Front Clip?

-

Woodsman341

Reaction score
Hi folks,

What would be a good price for a full front clip from a '72 Dart? The good: it includes fenders, splash guards, radiator support, hood latch/release, secondary hood latch, hood, front bumper and valance, and grille. All metal is straight and rust free, the grille is perfect (so far as I can tell). The bad: the hood latch is missing the little metal bar that connects the hood release to the lever arm in the grille, and the hood has racing pins. I'll attach a picture in hopes that it helps.

Thanks!

IMG_20221224_141235114.jpg

IMG_20221224_141158157.jpg

Only guessing. $1000. ?
I would have thought something similar, but the next closest thing in my area is a hood and fenders only - nothing else, for $1200. Not sure...that's why I'm asking the hive mind...I don't want to rob anyone, or get robbed. :)

Local sale might be tough unless the price is right. Me, I'd start at $1500, which IMHO would be a good deal for someone who needs all of that stuff.

Although it can also fit ‘70-‘71 Dart and Demons it is totally year specific - ‘72 slotted bumper - surface mount side markers and the grille itself again ONE year only, add some beef to your price if it’s that nice. Yes the hood and valance are the same as ‘70 - ‘71.
JMO.

If you can get it for a grand, run away laughing.
1500 bucks is more like it.
Why is it being parted out?
It looks like a good Demon as is...

It IS a home made Demon clone. I should have been more clear. I bought a '75 Dart Sport with this front clip on it, and I'm just not feeling it and want the '75-76 Dart Sport front clip (partly because that's what my original Dart was). I had someone offer a straight up trade, but my gut tells me there is more availability of the '75-6 clips and therefore more value in the '72. I want to give someone a good deal, but it would also be nice to get a little bit back so I can get things like brake lines, interior, etc. :)

Sorry for the confusion.

It’s a beaker if he prefers it to be correct that’s up to him and maybe a guy with a ‘72 Demon or Dart can get a nice front clip. Win - Win.

146FE0D1-8479-4485-A680-48E4005F2CE3.jpeg

249E2855-3876-4DCC-BEAB-6CA4690D6D49.png
I own one of each.

It’s a beaker if he prefers it to be correct that’s up to him and maybe a guy with a ‘72 Demon or Dart can get a nice front clip. Win - Win.

View attachment 1716030657

View attachment 1716030658 I own one of each.
Thank you! I appreciate everyone's personal preference, but when I say I like a beak over the flat, let me have my preference, too. :)

AND....I'm not going to lie, I'm sooooo close to getting a second Dart so I can have one of each. :) However, I'm wondering what my Dart -to-wife ratio is. :D

I had someone offer a straight up trade, but my gut tells me there is more availability of the '75-6 clips and therefore more value in the '72.
Maybe in 1990, nobody reproduces anything for 75/6 and hardly anyone saved that stuff.

Good 1975 and 1976 parts and cars are almost non existent these days.

Too many 73 and up cars got converted like the one in the OP and the original stuff got tossed.
To even find a nice dart sport these days is a complete challenge.

A trade might not be completely off the table if a 75 or 6 front end is what you absolutley want.

Happy hunting

Last edited:
Maybe in 1990, nobody reproduces anything for 75/6 and hardly anyone saved that stuff.

Good 1975 and 1976 parts and cars are almost non existent these days.

Too many 73 and up cars got converted like the one in the OP and the original stuff got tossed.
To even find a nice dart sport these days is a complete challenge.

A trade might not be completely off the table if a 75 or 6 front end is what you absolutley want.

Happy hunting
True.
But I also have two NOS ‘73-‘76 left Dart/Dart Sport fenders

I would try and get all the parts you need 1st. Then you'll know how much it's gonna take money wise to complete which may then help dictate your asking price.

IMO.
If your clone includes the Demon tail lights, I would leave it as It looks very nice.

At the end of the day, a 72 Demon is worth more than just about any 74-75 Dart. If you still want to do a trade, I think you should get $3-500 cash. AND, most likely you'd have to paint it to match. My opinions only.

IMO.
If your clone includes the Demon tail lights, I would leave it as It looks very nice.

At the end of the day, a 72 Demon is worth more than just about any 74-75 Dart. If you still want to do a trade, I think you should get $3-500 cash. AND, most likely you'd have to paint it to match. My opinions only.
Nope, standard Dart tail lights.

. I had someone offer a straight up trade....

My 2 cents... if you have a guy willing to do a straight up trade, check it out . If his front clip is as clean as yours and includes everything you need to make yours right again, then I would get both cars together on a Saturday, each of you bring a friend and make the swap. You get what you want/need and so does the other guy.

My 2 cents... if you have a guy willing to do a straight up trade, check it out . If his front clip is as clean as yours and includes everything you need to make yours right again, then I would get both cars together on a Saturday, each of you bring a friend and make the swap. You get what you want/need and so does the other guy.

This!

If you have a guy that has the entire front clip that you want I would have no issues with a straight across trade as long as the condition of the later front clip is similar or better.

The 70-72 parts are more desirable, and there are less originals out there. But more of that stuff is reproduced now. Sold individually, you could still get more for the ‘70-72 stuff. And there was a lot more cars made from ‘73-76. But they’re not as easy to find as they used to be, and fewer of those parts are being reproduced.

Part for part the early stuff is worth more. But you’re gonna spend way more time/effort/money to track all that stuff down if you have to do it individually. And most of that stuff isn’t anything you want to ship, so having it local is king. When I converted my ‘74 Duster to its ‘71 front clip I sold my ‘74 stuff for more than I bought my ‘71 stuff for. But I bought the ‘71 front clip together. And I sold my ‘74 stuff off in pieces and I shipped some of it.

If it was me, I would do the trade straight across unless there was a condition problem.

I get $1100 for a pair of loaded 70-71 fenders in ec...

20230105_132012.jpg

-
Back