price for a running 225 slant six and 904?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a running 225 slant six and 904 from a 1971 Scamp that I want to get rid of...just wondering how much i should be asking for it...what are these types of combos going for these days? I can post pictures of the engine if that would better help determine the value...

Thanks

I saw one sell on eBay for $200 or $300 (can't remember which). Had a link to a video show the engine running and driving. Oh yes, it was also a Super Six and included the transmission.

I had one in a Rusty Running Driving 73 Duster, Ran great. Got $250 For engine and tranny, included alt .starter etc. I was happy and so was buyer.

Well the combo i have is in running condition and is very decent, so i guess im gonna price it somewhere between 200-300 Canadian8)

really depends on the area. i offered mine for free for 6 months with a 904 and no one wanted it...

Absolutely agree. It depends on location ... and timing. Historically, they don't go for much but if your timing is right and you find someone that needs one, you may be able to sell it. I have had my listed on CL for FREE for the past few months. Plenty of big talkers but no one has come for it.

i offered mine for free

for 6 months with a 904

and no one wanted it...

Offered the 225/904 from a cherry

(22,000 miles) 2-owner 1971 Duster

with A/C, new alt & carb attached

w/a fresh-tune & purring like a kitten

for *free*...no takers in a year's time.

Finally brought 64.00 as scrap metal, & they picked it up.

Go offer it on slantsix.org in the for sale section. I get most of mine for free but i have been known to pay some for them.
Frank

if worst comes to worst ill just bring it to the scrap yard for a bit of cash, but i was hoping that someone would want it for a couple hundred bucks...what about the 904, is that valuable to anyone by itself? I live in Ontario, Canada though so it might be hard to find a buyer since its kinda hard to even find any mopar guys

Why are all you MFers on the east coast with cheap/free /6 engines??? :-D

We've been looking for a runner in so cal and no luck on the cheap.

Same sort of thing here. Just a matter of where you are really. I'd certainly take someone up on a free or up to $50 engine and trans deal. Being out in the middle of the desert though does have its down side. Great for the old health, but terrible for all the free or cheap offered engines that always seem to be up in NY, PA, CT etc. Shipping on that deal would be a shocker.

Now if someone was local.....

-
Back