Pro Comp Heads & TTI

-

rc14

jr member
Reaction score
Has anybody on here run the pro comp or Victor heads with TTI headers in an A Body. The TTI ads says they will not work with a raised port head. Just wondering if that little raise makes that much difference. I know its a tight fit but we are talking 1/4" here. Thanks for the help guys.

I think if you are running a RB the 1/4 of an inch will cause the header to hit the under side of the car as it is very close fit. If you are running a B, I think they will fit. (Sorry I have no pics of my 440 TTI combo)
Are you running a motor plate or mounts?
If you are running a plate you may get it to fit as you have a little more room to play.

I've only seen those pro-comp heads for the bb mopar advertised a few times and would also like to hear from anybody that's even run them as Ive heard mixxed results,their bb ford stuff needs alot of port work to make work, but I have a set of their sb ford heads that we had really lightly ported(only in a few places) and they almost touched 300 cfm on a stingy bench. With TTis in an abody I think the raised port might give you issues on the pass side where the header is closest to the inner fender near the top. Dunno if you'd get the drvr side to bolt up theres a few places that might give you issues. We have a set in our 67gt and they are a pain in the *** but they work. For a b engine I like the schmakers,followed by the b-body headman headers(I have pics of those in a b-engine abody) then maybe schumakers but If I was making the power to warrant the big tubes I'd probably use fenderwells thats just me though, can't run a very big front tire with the fenderwells but they are easy and if I was making big power I prob wouldnt be driving it on the street very much and they can be tweaked to fit better but we do it before we have them coated. With an rb in an abody I'd still run the fenderwell headers before the TTIs especially if I was runnning a head with a raised exhaust port, you can tweak the fenderwell headers is you want to with a fire wrench which we do for clearance and better access to things.
Good luck,
Jr.

I want a 2" header for sure i plan on mostly street but looking for high 10s in the 1/4 mile 68 Dart 440 to 500ci was looking at the pro comp heads but have not ordered yet. I am also looking at the 440 soures heads as well. I do not want to cut the fender well for headers and i do not want a motor plate so i plan on schumakers motormounts.
also would like to do away with the torsion bars and run coil overs up front. I have a dana 60 under the rear right now but will have it narrowed later.
727 for now put plan on 4 speed later. gearjammer are you saying the headman B body headers fit good in the A body ?
Thanks Guys

With a B engine they fit pretty good, they need dinged in a few spots nothing crazy though(manual steering), we have an empty 383 block w/gutted heads and an empty 727 housing(its cracked is why we didn't use it for anything other than mock-up) we use for mockup when we do this so its easier than installing and removing when we fit a set, its really not a big deal at all but we've done a few set, having a buddy there helps. Lemme dig you up a few pics these are a scamp with a 383 and headman headers:

0209091620.jpg

If you've read many of my posts and this engine looks familiar it's the one I just talked my dad out of for my duster. heres some more:

doesnt hit the steering shaft
0209091617.jpg

0209091618.jpg

easy on the drvr side theres a small ding by the torsion bar, sorry I dont have a pic of it this car has been disassembled and I gave the headers to a friend of mine who did a nasty 383 but I dont have that car together for him yet, I'll post those when that car is done.

Pass side, this almost dropped in,I think theres a ding by he torsion bar here too.

0209091619.jpg

The race car (500 cu in b engine lowered and set back) with the hooker fenderwell headers tweaked
062709_14591.jpg

062709_13061-1.jpg

The race car does have a motor in it and I can get better pics if you want we even have 4in bullet mufflers we can put on it doesnt really make a diff, they could be tweaked for an actual exhaust system with a rosebud a friend and small steps wouldnt be a big deal, I wouldnt be afraid at all to do it.
Sorry I dont have better pics If you want something specific lemme know. Our 67 gt w/schumakers doesnt have a motor right now, it would have but I swiped it off the stand b4 my dad had a chance to put it back in and put it in our duster(I did a post about it) I wanted to do the engine out of the race car but he wasnt gone long enough or I would have(I keep threatening to). Another thing to consider for the 10s if you need a tranny shield is they are an absolute pain in the ***, we have the carbon fibre shield from CSR and we are having a new tranny tunnel build for our 67gt,our race car has the same one but its motorplated and lowered. We tried a blanket in the gt with the 440 and TTIs and it burned up we just couldnt get it out of the way enough. Anyways if you want a specific pic lemme know.
One more thing with the headman headers is on the drvr side youll need a cpl 45 deg boots and the reast will go on with 90s.
Theres a really good writeup on www.bigblockdart.com in the tech section about all the available headers for our cars especially the pics they have with the hedman headers and a part number, they r like 120 bucks which is very cool compared to any other header available for these cars with a bb in them.
Good luck,
Jr.
One more thing, our race car (68 dart post) still has torsion bars up front and ladder bars out back, has run a best of 9.59 and it drives really well, even doing a wheelie its one of the most stable cars at speed I've driven but I'm used to small tired cars and they can be fun on the big end lol . Our 67 gt still has leafsprings (superstocks) and has run high 10s on pump gas running poorly with a junk tranny and converter, stock stroke 440 with eddy heads. We just had the leafsprings moved under the frame and lowered the car so it doesnt have the typical ss spring a-body rake. it works well.

-
Back