PRO/STOCK air cleaner research ??

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
I have a.set of valve covers and an intake that I'd like to use but I haven't seen any pictures or any evidence of a matching air cleaner?
I was wondering if anybody's ever seen one or has a picture of one??..
Thank you for your time and experience...
Screenshot_20230429-202433~2.png

Someone that has an old PAW catalog might can tell you. I think @MOPAROFFICIAL has one. That was a PAW brand.

I found this on a Corvette forum. They were in an old for sale ad and marked as new. The air cleaner is plainly not marked, BUT I THINK I have seen one with the PRO STOCK script before.
PRO STOCK.jpg

It was also a popular add on item from JC Whitney catalog. (That and their 3/4 race cam shaft, LOL!) I do not sadly have the cover but I’m sure it is still made somewhere and sold on Summit Racing or Jegs if you look deep enough at their website.

I found this on a Corvette forum. They were in an old for sale ad and marked as new. The air cleaner is plainly not marked, BUT I THINK I have seen one with the PRO STOCK script before.
View attachment 1716084094
Thank you!
Without the pro stock script it doesn't seem to match....
Maybe I could do an arts and crafts day and lift the label off of one of the valve covers and laid over some sticker material and make a little sticker for an air filter or something...

Thank you!
Without the pro stock script it doesn't seem to match....
Maybe I could do an arts and crafts day and lift the label off of one of the valve covers and laid over some sticker material and make a little sticker for an air filter or something...
Maybe. Although I could not find an air cleaner with that script, I'm almost positive I've seen one before.

I’m not sure, it’s possible they made one but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one
I'm not 100% sure I have....it just seems like I have. ...and I think it was in OUR classified section. It was an oval one just like the Tri Power air cleaners but it said PRO STOCK. I'm almost positive.

I'm not 100% sure I have....it just seems like I have. ...and I think it was in OUR classified section. It was an oval one just like the Tri Power air cleaners but it said PRO STOCK. I'm almost positive.
i swear you're right. i have a vague remembrance of walking into the PAW warehouse and seeing that set up on one of the display engines. black with lines just like the covers and the raised PRO/STOCK on it. also decked out with every other piece of chrome goo-gaw **** on it.

It was also a popular add on item from JC Whitney catalog. (That and their 3/4 race cam shaft, LOL!) I do not sadly have the cover but I’m sure it is still made somewhere and sold on Summit Racing or Jegs if you look deep enough at their website.
hey now, 3/4 race camshafts had their own whole page in the catalog!

also if we keep saying 3/4 race camshaft do you think that google SEO will pick it up and the manufacturers will start making them again? like a beetlejuice phenomenon?

When I was a kid in the early sixties I commonly heard them called 3/4 inch cams. Good old Midwest living. Still very funny to me.

When I was a kid in the early sixties I commonly heard them called 3/4 inch cams. Good old Midwest living. Still very funny to me.
The 3/4 cam was a real thing. It started with the Flathead Fords. There was a street cam and a race cam and Ed Winfield decided there was a need for something in between and the 3/4 cam was born. MANY camshaft vendors had a "3/4" cam for various applications even listed in their catalogs for many years.

I had somebody recently ask me if I had a "3/4 cam" in my 440 in the Barracuda. I had to explain that it really wasn't a thing anymore...

I had somebody recently ask me if I had a "3/4 cam" in my 440 in the Barracuda. I had to explain that it really wasn't a thing anymore...

when asked i just tell people i have a 5/8's race cam. it's a little more than half but not quite full 3/4 race.

saves a lot of unnecessary conversation

The 3/4 cam was a real thing. It started with the Flathead Fords. There was a street cam and a race cam and Ed Winfield decided there was a need for something in between and the 3/4 cam was born. MANY camshaft vendors had a "3/4" cam for various applications even listed in their catalogs for many years.
ive seen clay smith cams adds for 1/2, 3/4 and full race cams for the flat head fords from back in the 40s, the adds with the cigar smoking bird head! it was a real thing back when hotrodding was young!
1682899068421.jpeg

-
Back