Pro Stock Driver V.Gaines Retires

-
oh man - that is too bad - easily one of my favorite drivers - gonna miss seeing the "teeth car"!!!

He won only FOUR races in 20 years..not exactely a force to deal with.. Anderson and Line have won more then that this year already..

He won only FOUR races in 20 years..not exactely a force to deal with.. Anderson and Line have won more then that this year already..

You idiot!! every time the class loses another team the future of Pro Stock becomes less and less likely..Who cares how many races he won...it's about giving it your all every week. Who are they going to race when there are no more cars in the class ? I can see being a fan of someone but you really get obnoxious about it.:icon_fU::icon_fU:

You idiot!! every time the class loses another team the future of Pro Stock becomes less and less likely..Who cares how many races he won...it's about giving it your all every week. Who are they going to race when there are no more cars in the class ? I can see being a fan of someone but you really get obnoxious about it.:icon_fU::icon_fU:

Not worth the trouble:icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU:

Last edited:
V. Gaines is probably a Billionaire...don't think it was the economy...he is about 69 yrs old...
Very Successful Business man...

it's just about all chevy any way. nobody can win with those damn darts. funny car is all I can watch these days. at least DSR can kick *** with the chargers.

Back In Time, thanks for sharing the Denver Post story on V.
Just another loss for NHRA racing. Not sure how this news will effect Deric Kramer's program? I know he was using Lazarus cars and MadCap engines with lots of help from Western Motorsports. We will see in the future where this class goes...

Dave,

Back In Time, thanks for sharing the Denver Post story on V.
Just another loss for NHRA racing. Not sure how this news will effect Deric Kramer's program? I know he was using Lazarus cars and MadCap engines with lots of help from Western Motorsports. We will see in the future where this class goes...

Dave,

You bet...Maybe Kramer will take some of V's operation and run it. Madcap will still be there so he won't lose that. I just get upset with NHRA because they over promote the Fuel Cars then throw a large curve at Pro Stock all at once with very little TV coverage by the supposedly better FS1 on top of it. The sponsors must be livid about the lack of TV coverage. Back to V..hope he finds peace in his new role in life ...He deserves it.

Deric Kramer's engines are being done by Chris Mcgaha, been that way for the past two years now.

Deric Kramer's engines are being done by Chris Mcgaha, been that way for the past two years now.

Forgot about that...Do remember hearing that now. I'm assuming your still active in the race community....Do you think Pro stocks trouble is NHRA related or economy related or both ? It's hard to understand what's going on when you are on the outside looking in. When I raced I at least was up on the racer scuttlebut that went around. I prefer door cars and hate to see Pro Stock get run out. I think V said it best in that it wasn't fun any more...That's why I quit racing but am still a big fan.

Or, maybe his team never got ahold of the new FI systems? He never made it past the 2nd round this year. And you're right, he is a class act. Met him at Bandimere several years ago, quiet unassuming guy.

-
Back