Probably One of the Best Craigslist For Sale Right-Ups I've Ever Seen.

-
Cool ad/story!!

You spend alot of time on craigslist!! LOL!!!:glasses7:

You're right, excellent write up, lamenting the parting of ways with what is obviously an old, and dear, friend.

I hear you.....excellent and touching story. See?.....there is car-to-human "bonding" that goes on. I wanna buy it just so I can take care of it!

It was interesting, but I'm not sure how truthful some of it is.

Can anybody comment on whether the old Darts were on Consumer Reports no1 list for 9 years?

Turning circle is actually less than my 95 Olds by a smigeon, and about the same as my Ranger. I can still remember having a 63 Falcon Ranchero for a short time at the same period that I owned my 70RR. I could actually do a U turn on one street of a friend's place in the RR that I could not complete in the Falcoon.

He says "built before controls" which certainly isn't true, as all cars had Federally mandated emissions since 68, 66 in CA, and fuel vapor controls since 70/71

Still I'm sure it's a wrenching decision to sell an old friend that he's had since new.

It was interesting, but I'm not sure how truthful some of it is.

Can anybody comment on whether the old Darts were on Consumer Reports no1 list for 9 years?

When my grandfather bought his brand new dart in 74, one of the reasons he went with a dart was because of the Consumer Reports reviews.

Was it #1 for 9 years? I don't know but CR did like the dart.

What a great story can only imagine the memories he has had with that car.

Actually, I think the "he" is a "she." The ad poster said she felt like a "Princess" when sitting in the front seat. I could be wrong... A guy could feel like a Princess too, I guess. I'm not one to judge.

What a great ad and you can bet they will be picky on who gets her.

Pretty easy to pick things apart and beat people down on details they might not fully remember. It's a nice story and if isn't 100% accurate I'm sure it wasn't told to try and scam or deceive anyone. Take it for what it was meant to be a small piece of history about the car and relax a little. I had a good time reading the ad, it made me think about my grandfather and his old 67 Ford Fairlane that he loved so much.

Like most everyone else here I kind of want to adopt Princess as well. I agree with 65LoveAffair about the gender of the owner because when the young kids were asking about "burning rubber" the comment was "I did not know and had to ask them how to do it" I don't know any man at any age that doesn't know what burning rubber is. The owner is without a doubt a female.

-
Back