Problem/Paypal/Credit Card?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
Seems that someone has been trying to violate my credit cards. The ONLY time i use them is on Pay Pal and haven't bought anything for several months but in trying to reup my Norton Antivirus they declined them both. I called em and is seems someone in Luxemburg tried to make some charges but they didn't have all the right info. They put a stop on my one card then in a few days the other was put on hold. I since have cancelled them both and new ones are being issued. No cost just inconvienience. Don't sound like Pay Pal is very secure in you ask me. You guys have any issues like this with Pay Pal?

Nope. Just spam mails "from" PayPal about "limited access" trying to find people stupid enough to log in through the fake mail so they can get the login info.

You get your booze yet?:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:

SMALL BLOCK,
Ken here, I have found Pay pal to be pretty good. I have been with them 5 years or so.
I will add that 2 of my friends, one co-worker got hit pretty hard with one of his credit cards.
What accually happen is the bank got hacked and then led them to much of his personal information and other customers. The bank has admitted it was thier problem and has refunded and upgraded thier security.
Just a informational reply for you.

Have a great day!

Ken

I have had no problem with pat pal but i have got a lot of scams saying my paypal has been compramized .Log in and check out what has been going on . The minute i get on of these scam emails i go to the paypal site and give them the scam email i got they have traced some of these emails and are going after the person who sent them. If you get an email like this go to the paypal site and give it to them they will take care of it.Lets catch all of these crooks

I get about 2-3 a week from scammers using Paypal as their bait.
I also forward all of them to the "spoof" dept at Paypal.
Not sure if they do anything but at least I'm tryn.

Treva says she has never had any problems with paypal. She get's those scam emails and reports them. I don't know how to do it, But she douse.

This could be, as Kenny stated an issue with the bank or credit card company and they accessed another way.

Yes I am scared to put all my info out there ,But I am who I am and
I don't know how to do paypal and I don't leave nun of my cash in the same account as my wife's paypal account, I am not worth hacking but this guy thought I was,
We have allot of traffic here and I do worry that I might catch anotherone hacking, :read2:Ain't no telling what would hapen to them.:angry7:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20057%20%28Custom%29%20%282%29.jpg

I too have been using Paypal for 5 years or so. I have not had any problems. I don't like using my credit cards online and restrict my use to Paypal accepting sites. I too receive the email scams and send them on to Paypal. NEVER give out any info to anyone for any reason on email. Paypal states they will never ask for personal info or account info in their emails. Rog

Never had a problem with paypal. Did however have the same problem as you before. Used a card number to put minutes on wifes Tracfone at their website. Evedently unsecure. 2 hours later someone attempted 2100 purchase to 1800flowers.com My fist thought was "Who needs 2100 bucks worth of flowers !?!?!" LOL
Anyway... Give it some thought and you may recall typing the number in at some website other than paypal. Good luck

Maybe right Redfish: Can't remember any other transactions at this time. I don't do the 900 #'s so that's not it. Oh well. I've got two new cards so here we go. We'll see how long they will last. I'll keep better track of where i use em. I think i'll hold off on pay pal for a while and just apy with M.O s and see if that works for me. Thanks guys.

I had a problem with PayPal back in 2002. Their system was hacked, and they treated me like I was the bad guy. The FBI and the Idaho Attorney General told PayPal otherwise and made them return all of my money. That was back before they were owned by eBay.

Go to www.paypalsucks.com if you'd like to read some stories.

-
Back