Problem with Harland Sharp rockers

-
Hey, come on! This is the perfect thread for HS issues, lol! Don't keep us guessing.

Think about one of your favorite math classes in middle or high school.

G E O M E T R Y

:cheers:

Some of the most screwed up I've seen on an Edelbrock head. The fix, put .100 long valves in, only made it worse... :axe:

I have had NO issues with HS rockers and eddy heads,I was carefull setting them up with shims like ramcharger. There are not too many cheap alternatives except the factory cast rockers but I like the roller pivot on the HS rockers.

Crackedback,

No kidding? Yikes! As I noted before, if I were to pay those prices, I'd get T&D so I've had zero experience with them. I've just used Cranes and had nothing but a good experience if everything was checked, set and double checked. Oh, yeah...In desperation I tried a set of Noforms. Junk.

BTW, my favorite class was trig. Everthing can be explained and drawn out using a perfect circle, lol!

I have had NO issues with HS rockers and eddy heads,I was carefull setting them up with shims like ramcharger. There are not too many cheap alternatives except the factory cast rockers but I like the roller pivot on the HS rockers.

Dartman,

I think that the factory Mopar tolerances, plus these engines have some years on them and who knows who decked/milled what, that everyone has had a different experience. As you say, set up is the key. Maybe their are some wide tolerances with the HS's too? That might explain why some have had better experiences than others? Plus the difference in aftermarket retainers. I've found that the Crane retainers give a tremendous amount of clearance as they seem to drop down from the valve lock area. Check out the picture I posted earlier.

You are right that they are the most reasonable priced rockers with a full roller pivot.

I run Halon sharp an have split a couple of rockers before but never had trouble with them walking. Noticed the new ones are a little meatyer so they must of had a little problem there.

Yes split right around the shaft. Dont have a camera for this or I would send a picture. It was one of the small ones so I always carry a spare in my race box. Anybody else ever had this problem?

I've been working on Mopars for more than 37 years. And at the risk of inviting "old" jokes, I've probably forgotten more about Mopars than a lot here presently know about them.

Any other questions?

Yea, I got a question.

You plan on sticking around some? LOL I think as problems arise from the membership, you'll remember what you did to fix the problem. Personnally, I'm glad to have any long time mech. on board.

Thanks for the thread. Valve train stuff is an easy thing NOT to pay attention to when your new at this. Actually, you don't even have to be new at it.

I think I'll be here a while. I'm on some other forums as well, but one of them (dedicated to one particular car) I really don't go to any more. The people aren't very friendly, and are really pretty elitist.

I consider myself very fortunate to have whatever I have for however long I've managed to hang on to it. I have (and continue to) sacrifice a lot to have my shop which is still (after the better part of 5 years) coming together.

So I'll be around a while, and I'll help someone if I can. Hopefully my Oldtimers disease won't act up to much:-D

I think I'll be here a while. I'm on some other forums as well, but one of them (dedicated to one particular car) I really don't go to any more. The people aren't very friendly, and are really pretty elitist.

Wouldn't happen to be a forum for multi-carbed cars would it???

If so, I have sarcastically commented about them being so very welcoming/hospitable and eating their young. Went over like a lead balloon! Even Hemi E-body owners aren't as bad as the group I think you are talking about.:-D

Even Hemi E-body owners aren't as bad as the group I think you are talking about.
Those people aren't very friendly, and are really pretty elitist. (At least the silly ones I met.) And heaven forbid they find out I have a '73 S/B Cuda. There noses go up and have actually had a few stop talking to me, turn around and walk away.

So in remembering that, theres actually worse? ROFLMAO!

I don't ever wanna get near that! It is a no brainer were all here to learn and help. Just my kind of thing. I'm more than happy to sit and watch while learning and talking.

I'm just a car *****.:la: I like LOTS of cars. Had everything from that 48 Plymouth to a Microbus, to a couple of Porsches, to two vintage Mustangs. I dig things with wheels. Period. I dig Mopars the best:thumblef: So while I happen to have some cars more valuable than a Falcon 4 door I know I'm lucky to have acquired them, and don't think less of anyone who doesn't own such cars.

It's a car....

My DQ 440 will be going on the dyno in a couple of weeks and it has the HS rockers and you can bet i'll turn the builder onto this post and let him read it. Now, what should i put it in?

Just make sure they're spaced so they can't walk

not even a lil bit

-
Back