Problem with my dipstick!

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Aaron recently bought a brand new dipstick for his 360, and I thought it a bit odd that the tube was absolutely straight. There's a fuel pump and alternator smack in the way. I figured we would have to bend it to fit, but apparently we bent it too much. Now the dipstick won't hardly slide into the tube, and when it does, it forces the stick to take on a curved arch shape that I know won't accurately measure the proper oil level in the pan.

Are there any correctly bent dipsticks available somewhere? If not, do you have one I might buy?

Thanks,
Jerry

consider buying a new one and a tubing bender, either the level type or the spring type should keep from kinking the tube.

I did buy a bender, but the tubing is so stiff and the radius so tight, I wasn't able to get anywhere with it. The end of the tubing that needs bending is too short to get a good grasp when you put the bender on it. And when I tried using the spring over the tube, the bender crushed some of the coils.

I hope someone makes them pre-bent.

Thanks for the input,
Jerry

Hey Jerry they got a little blue pill for that problem nowadays or so I here.

Well, Terry, aren't you the commodian (er, comedian)?
icon10.gif

I wouldn't know about that --- except for the fact that IT'S ALL YOU EVER HEAR ABOUT on TV anymore.

Thanks for the tip about Schumacher, I'll check them out.

WOW, I just did.... $74 for a dipstick!!! Think I might wait a bit on that.

Jerry

-
Back