Problems with Mike440

-

pitbill

Reaction score
I am sorry for having to post another "one of those guys" thread, but I'm starting this new thread in case he decides to delete his pack of lies, woe as me excuses thread here:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=309717

Buyer beware if you are dealing with Mike440 (Mike Hayes), I personally have been waiting for a month and a half on parts that have never arrived nor will he refund my money ($160). Only excuses, as well as it seems a lot of other members going through the same thing. This is a repeat of the member ply30 (Justin Figgatt) incidentally who lives only a few miles from this Mike440 guy.

Here is the 22 page thread on that guy:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=287788

I personally feel these two guys are indeed the same person, too many coincidences to not be the same (or at least related in some way) since they live in the same area. And by same area I mean only a few miles apart. What are the odds of that. I'm sure the local authorities there will have all the answers on both of these guys and if they are indeed the same person.

If any of you would like to join me in pursuing this legally I will more than likely be contacting the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's office (ironically both Mike440 and Ply30 's court house) next week when I am off work again. Just let me know or at least show interest by replying here on this thread. No this is not an idle threat, I fully intend to pursue this as it is only 4 hours or so away from me and I don't mind driving there for any required paperwork; but by waiting until at least Monday perhaps he will start issuing refunds to people.

I don't know about you , but I am sick and tired of the excuses, and his claim of "if you don't like my shipping; file a claim" will not get you off from having criminal intentions. No excuse to not ship people's parts within a month or two (yes, there are some people who have been trying to get parts from this guy since February....what is his excuse for that?) Now he is in full "half my family died, half has cancer" (reminds me of Klinger from M.A.S.H. trying to get out of the army) excuses, funny how he never mentioned any of that when he was taking our money and giving us other ridiculous reasons and postponements for not shipping any parts.

Again, I am truly am sorry for having to post this and it being another "one of those guys" thread, but it is amazing he has time to post for sale ads, reply to wanted ads, go to swap meets, go on the weekends to "look at NOS" parts, but has no time to ship out parts people give him money. Nope, if a person can't ship out parts or refund money, then they are just a scammer.

I left negative feedback as I feel a month and a half is enough for anybody, I encourage anybody else who has waited over a month to do the same and perhaps prevent anyone else from going through this. I hope potential buyers of his parts will read this or his feedback and think twice before they have to endure what the rest of us are going through.

Odd thing is I am really a nice, easy going person and have been very nice and understand up until now so I am not really looking just to lynch or crucify someone for the fun of it, but it seems there are just too many complaints for there not to be something unethical going on. If this does turn out to be Justin's handy work then if he is a repeat offender he may have to serve jail time and not just pay the money back...something to think about...If I were Justin...errr, excuse me...I mean Mike...I would seriously think about that.

On the other hand, if I miraculously receive ALL of my parts that mysteriously vanished after he supposedly shipped them out 3 seperate times (with no tracking numbers to prove anything though, how convenient) and one of them suppossedly got returned to him by the post office; then I will apologize on here....not holding my breath on that one though.

somebody on here found something that "seems" to indicate both parties "might" have the same phone number. I think this involved a CL or racing junk ad

somebody on here found something that "seems" to indicate both parties "might" have the same phone number. I think this involved a CL or racing junk ad

They found it on facebook. I'll see if I can find the info. There's already an open case on this guy by his local sheriff office.

ill toss some numbers out there

3-28-15 I placed a wanted add for a 3 groove crank pulley and Mike was the first to reply so I bought his (at that time he only had 2 feedbacks and both were positive)

3-29-15 I send the payment to mike
4-3-15 I asked if it shipped yet (this was a Friday)
4-3-15 he replied and said he would sandblast it and send it the next Monday
4-9-15 (today) I asked if he had gotten a chance to ship it out yet

I understand things happen so im not ready to call him out as a scammer
but then again, I haven't been waiting 6 weeks yet (sure hope he pulls through, that pulley is one of the last pieces I need to finish up my 360 conversion)

at this time, the only negative feedback im willing to offer is that the communication isn't as good as I would hope
(then again, I sold some parts to a fellow member which I shipped yesterday and I haven't let him know yet either, ill do that right now)

Oh you got the famous "I'll send it Monday" excuse. That's one of his favorites. Hope you get it.

Said he would get my dash pad that I bought on march 20th (3/20/2015) shipped out on Saturday (3/4/2015). Never got a message back saying he shipped it. Yet he still has time to answer in his previous thread about "parts I owe people". Just let me know pitbill if you need any other information about my deal.

Just wait until you get a message from some guy claiming to have bought all of Mike's cars and parts and will be shipping them to those who are owed.......

Ohhh! That's a good one! Haven't received that one yet.

Thats what he said publicly on that facebook page last month, posting as Justin...saying he'd boughtn mike's cars....

This is easy. One of the admin's here should be able to cross-check Mike's IP with that of Justin's. If they match...there you go.

Never one to condone violence, but enough of this bullshit already. Those that wantonly RIP other's off deserve whatever they get.

Attachments

• the_godfather_luca_brasi_sleeps_with_the_fishes-t.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 3,154
I was told it does'nt match.I think they have had enough problems with mike440 he should be barred even if he is not ply30.I contacted administrator when he first started selling parts.I was just waiting to see how long it would be before people started not getting there parts.

According to the facebook page he has another alias as well MoparMike and uses different addresses and P.O. Boxes. Those guys really hate him there it seems.

I was told it does'nt match.I think they have had enough problems with mike440 he should be barred even if he is not ply30.I contacted administrator when he first started selling parts.I was just waiting to see how long it would be before people started not getting there parts.

Could be using a family or friend's pc or even a phone to get a different IP address? Would seem odd two different people doing the exact same thing living only a few miles from each other and not knowing one another.

Well, IMHO, liking or hating someone has little or nothing to do with it. You are allowed to sell here as a privilege; if you abuse that privvy then your seller privies should be suspended. I'm not hearing one complaint here; I'm hearing MULTIPLES along with an apology thread, which set off alarm bells the first time I read it.
Anyone selling to multiples of people should be considered a commercial seller and scrutinized very carefully by not only potential buyers, but also by forum admins.
Take Whitepunkonnitro, for example. He sells a ton of stuff here, and delivers on his promises, apparently. (never bought from him, but I can friggin' read!) While this is just my personal opinion, I see multiple infractions here. If I were an admin I would close up shop.
BTW, as a sidebar, IRS requires that any "hobby income" over a certain amount within a 12 month period be reported as earned income. Failure to disclose is, ummm, tax evasion. Just sayin'....

If its justin his grandparents has a business that he also uses for contact on selling parts.All of this was posted on the thread about ply30

This is easy. One of the admin's here should be able to cross-check Mike's IP with that of Justin's. If they match...there you go.

An IP is easy enough to change with a proxy or VPN. If the guy is scamming for a living, and he's somewhat smart, it makes sense that he would try to cover his tracks. In these days of cheap cellphones and easy internet access, it is fairly simple to set yourself up as multiple "people" online for very little cash.

It sucks, but...

Not entirely true. I ran my own forum as well as a moderator for Innogames(yes the company with the annoying Kate Upton game of war ads on tV), all you have to do is set up a proxy server, which isn't hard and it'll change each time you log on.

You can actually download and IP scrambler app as well...

Well I have to jump in here to say I ordered some parts from him and after some time I did get my parts. They were small parts but not very common. It did take a month to get them but he did post on here during that time.
Just my $0.02 worth.

-
Back