Production figures, any more breakdowns on 72 340 dusters

-

Plymouth Duster

Reaction score
Hey guys

any further breakdown on the 15,681 total 72 duster 340s other then the total built and % totals via color and some options.
Not sure if the white book or any one has any other data other then what’s available at mymopar.com and the Hamtramck historical site to break it down further.
But Tor Red, white vinyl top with white gut, buckets and console auto. Also has twister stripes and coded for it

i can’t seem to even find a tor red/hemi orange 72 duster with white vinyl top online but the color combo with the stripe kit and white interior is stunning.

I had a 72 340 Duster Sherwood Green with white side stripes, shark tooth grille, PS PB 727 8 3/4 3:23 gears, split bench high back seat, rubber floor, cardboard headliner, radio and heater delete. Bought it in Hawaii while in the military in 1983.

I had a 72 340 Duster Sherwood Green with white side stripes, shark tooth grille, PS PB 727 8 3/4 3:23 gears, split bench high back seat, rubber floor, cardboard headliner, radio and heater delete. Bought it in Hawaii while in the military in 1983.
That white top and stripes make that green pop. If I recall isn’t Sherwood green close to a olive drab almost like verdoro green for GM cars specifically Pontiac.
Being a military guy I’m sure that color hit home for you. I worked with the DoD before local LE career so thanks for your service brotha!

Mopar did not track the individual numbers for paint codes or vinyl tops or anything. So, if you're trying to figure out how many Tor Red, white vinyl top '72 Dusters were made, well, you won't.

Some of the high impact paint #'s are available as percentages, but which one's came with what options isn't a number you'll find.
High Impact Color Production % #'s

Mopar did not track the individual numbers for paint codes or vinyl tops or anything. So, if you're trying to figure out how many Tor Red, white vinyl top '72 Dusters were made, well, you won't.

Some of the high impact paint #'s are available as percentages, but which one's came with what options isn't a number you'll find.
High Impact Color Production % #'s
Thanks yea I saw the %s. That helps. 1834 tor red duster 340s made. I’m sure more autos then sticks but again just assuming.

thanks for the site!

this car with white stripes

upload_2022-7-21_22-39-32.png

Year, model, engine , transmission, and a sketchy percentage of color is all that's available.

-
Back