Proform Carbs?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to get a great deal on this carburetor from a buddy of mine. It's a Proform mechanical secondary 650 carb that seems extremely adjustable.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-67212

pro-67212_w.jpg

Are these carbs any good? Here's the combo I'd be using it on: .030 over 340, 9.6:1 SCR, RHS heads, 230* @ .050"/.560" lift hydraulic flat tapet cam, RPM air gap intake, Dougs headers, 727 w/ 9.5" dynamic converter, 3.91s.

The car is just my weekend cruiser. But like everybody else, I'm always looking for improvements.

I currently use a Holley street avenger 670 vac secondary but also have an old 750dp 4779 on the shelf. Would trying the 650 proform double pumper be worth a try??? I also have a innovate wide band to help with tuning.

Thanks for the input!

I'm running an 800 proform on my 408
and the reason I'm running it is because that's the carb Mike from MRL put on there when he build it

just bought that same carb for our dart. haven't used it yet because the motor isn't in the car yet.

i did use one of proforms 750 dp years ago on my yellow car and it was an awesome carb.. very adjustable too...

I have no personal experience with Proform carbs, but I do own a 4779 and it's been a great carb. The Proform would offer a bit more adjustability , what with the removable air bleeds and all. Since you already have the 4779, kit it and throw it on. I think you will like it. I would bet money that it will noticeably outperform that Street Avenger. Here's an interesting carb test: Moparts on the Web - Main Index

-
Back